1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. siblingchris

siblingchris

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has experience of the p size filters on this lens and whether they are likely to cause vignetting at the wide end?

I had been considering a number of different filter systems as my first foray away from screw-in, and had my eye in he SRB Photographic stuff which are P size. http://srb-photographic.co.uk/elite-bundle-kit-11224-p.asp

Their kits come with up to 82mm adapter size which would fit the Tamron lens, but not sure if that would work without vignette.

Thanks

2. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    What type of camera are you using? The cokin website does state that the P series filters can be used with a standard kit lens (18-55mm and up to 82mm thread) with no problems.

3. Sharky

Sharky

Edit My Images:
    No
    I researched the Cokin P series before picking up a Nisi holder. Down to 24mm i seem to recall the P series would be fine, any wider and vignetting / holder appears in shot.

Quote from below seems to confirm it "the P series are intrended for lenses down to about 20mm or 24m. Any wide than this and the edge of the filter tends to creep into the shot."

https://www.parkcameras.com/cokin-filters-explained

siblingchris likes this.
  4. siblingchris

siblingchris

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks I suppose I should have referenced Cokin for info although I was looking at the third-party option.

I'm on Nikon d750, but I don't believe that makes a difference it would be the lens surely?

5. Sharky

Sharky

Edit My Images:
    No
    I would guess @twhite87 was probably asking because on a crop sensor camera with ff glass you're using a reduced portion of the glass so vignetting is less of an issue.

6. siblingchris

siblingchris

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ahh, I See what you mean