Review Pacsafe Exomesh - Bag security device

Edit My Images
No
I started out looking for something that can secure my gear when I am out shooting weddings. There are not many options out there unfortunately and leaving it in the car can be quite dangerous as thieves are known to lurk in venue car parks to try and identify the togs car for a snatch and grab. In my search I came across something called the Pacsafe Exomesh Manufacturer Website. This is what the product looks like
1960_11_1567_11_1147_anti-theft.jpg

It is basically a wire mesh that has an opening in one side, which you wrap over your bag and then pull a drawstring type wire to create a tight fit over your bag. Then remaining drawstring wire is locked to maintain the tightness and also loop through a fixed anchor point/object. There are a variety of sizes that you can buy and I opted for the smallest 55Litre capacity mesh, which wrapped snugly over my full Computrekker AW.

My first impression was that it is a reasonably well designed product and can act as a good deterrent to anyone wanted to do a snatch and grab. I can see myself anchoring my gear somewhere inside the venue within reasonable site, or anchoring the gear in the boot of my car. It isn't completely foolproof as the wires aren’t extremely strong, but I do think you would need a bit more than the household pliers to cut through them, and the thief would have to cut through approximately 20 wires one by one to get the bag out which is probably the most effective deterrent.

Overall I am quite pleased with the product and for £37 I think it is a good investment, as I am always worried about my gear and will have the peace of mind that no one opportunist thief can simply walk off with my gear.

If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them. (y)

Last edited:
Unrelated to this item but regarding thieves identifying togs' cars - consider not using a camera-brand bag and putting the bag in the trunk instead of on the back/passenger seat where it can be seen by looking through a window.

That said, I've seen these methods before and I think they're a good idea. Work well for smaller backpacks as well, preventing people from slicing them open when you're in a crowded street.

Unrelated to this item but regarding thieves identifying togs' cars - consider not using a camera-brand bag and putting the bag in the trunk instead of on the back/passenger seat where it can be seen by looking through a window.

That said, I've seen these methods before and I think they're a good idea. Work well for smaller backpacks as well, preventing people from slicing them open when you're in a crowded street.

agreed, but its not too difficult to spot a tog at a wedding and then follow them to find out what car they came in. Locking it in the trunk isn't too much help either unless your car has the deadlock type system where the trunk cannot be unlocked unless the immobiliser is off, but they can still fold the rear passenger seats down to get access to the trunk.

Ah, I see - I had not thought of that - checking which car a tog steps out of.

I use a peli that I leave somewhere safe, could chain it up if I felt the need

upside of being cornish is you rarely need to worry :p

Back