Paddle steamers on the Ohio River

Edit My Images
Yes
OldpaddleboatsonriverOhioMedium.jpg

last one for today,
again, taken with the Fuji 4800Z on the Ohio river in 2003,

MyPix

Good composition of the boats but it does leave a lot of nothing on the right of the frame. Maybe a tighter crop on just the boats there?

i think there are two shots in this one, as you say , a tight crop on the boats would emphisize them, but i think you would loose a sense of where they were on the river,

this is the main reason why i croped out the top third of the ( bland ) sky to give a slightly more panoramic view

thanks again for the comments,

MyPix aka FujiMon

As GSVJase has already said, the right of this picture is a little empty and with there being so much happening in the left hand side it leaves the whole shot unbalanced. What is also not helping is that some of the boat has been cropped and as it is at the front of the picture it becomes very obvious. This is a good picture to learn from and improve your framing for future attemps.

i understand what you are saying about the left hand side of the pic, but sometimes we are limited by reality and make the best of what we have been given as a subjet , and reality dictated something was in the way on the left :wink:

i will have a mess in photoshop, but i still like the composition the way i have submitted it
cheerz
MyPix :)

MyPix said:
i will have a mess in photoshop, but i still like the composition the way i have submitted it
cheerz
MyPix :)

Hey, thats all that matters sir!! As long as you like and are happy with it then you can view the photo as a sucess. Its doesnt matter what anyone here or anywhere else might say, you took that picture for you and have achieved your own goals.

Back