Padley Gorge - HDR Trial

Glen

Uncle Glen
Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
Not posted any pics for ages so here goes, took this image for a competition at work for our 2010 calendar of which this won its place as March.

Its a HDR 3 bracketed image, I've also posted the 3 images that created it to show how it was made up.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Works nicely for me... has a lovely computer lighting type feel to it. If you've ever run the 3DMark benchmark application for video cards, you see lovely light effects like this in a lot of the tests.

Nice!

Thanks for the comments. I'm not a huge fan of HDR but I thought I'd give this a wirl as I managed to get my hands on a copy of photomatix. Image has softened a little in the conversion to web size.

Glen - what was the f stop difference between each image please.
Dave

Dave, from memory, pics were from Oct 09, bracket setting on my 30d was 2 stops if I recall.

To be honest, I prefer the unedited (shot #3) photo at the "correct" exposure. A longer shutter speed to introduce more water blur and a bit more colour vibrance and I think it'd be a better photo than the HDR one. The HDR shot is not bad, but compared to the one without HDR, I know what I would have found looks nicer.

Back