Padstow & surrounding shores

Edit My Images
No
From a recent week in Padstow.

NOTE: EXIFS removed in an attempt to prevent camera snobbery. Like or dislike my images not my equipment. The equipment does not matter.

Exposure details added:

(ISO 100 1 sec @ F18)
IMG_0495.jpg

(ISO 100 15 sec @ F11)
IMG_0698.jpg

(ISO 200 90 sec @ F11)
IMG_0726.jpg

(ISO 100 30 sec @ F16)

IMG_0792.jpg

(ISO 100 1/8th sec @ F16)
IMG_0895.jpg

(ISO 100 10 sec @F16)
IMG_1051.jpg

Last edited:
A fabulous set of work there. One and four both have a great use of time and I could stare at them for hours. I think I might be able to actually hear number one.

beautiful - great work
#5 is the weak link because the highlights are at the edge of the frame - you could fix that to keep the eye 'in the picture'.

Last edited:
Love them all except for number 6, which doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the set. 1-5 = excellent

All wonderful, Sie. Specially as they were taken with a kodak disposable ;)

Love them all except for number 6, which doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the set. 1-5 = excellent

I agree with the above, really good set but 6 doesn't quite fit.

You mean there are people so sad that they will base a crit of a shot on what it was taken on? Are they the decendants of those who checked if Rembrant was using the right brand of paint

By the way these are a stunning set of seascapes whatever they were taken on

they are all beautiful! :)

do people really base their criticism on peoples kit? I'm sure that can't be true :(

whatever kit you have, you have produced some really stunning images of which anyone would be proud - thank you for sharing them! :)

PS I'd love to know what exp & filter etc you used on no 1, thanks

Nice ! very nice, love 1,4 & 5. did you use a 10stop on #4 and is #5 Crackington Haven by any chance ? oooh i got to wait 2 more days before i'm down there :puke: this thread is very naughty :D

All of these are really good shots - cannot understand you comment about camera snobbery though as a good shot is a good shot irrespective of camera equipment.

If anything it's just interesting and beneficial to see what people can achieve with their equipment and perhaps they can actively dispel any such snobbery instead of submit to it. Any equipment is only as good as the person using it.

#1, #4 & #5 are absolutely stunning mate. Jaw droppingly good !!

Class, quality, stunning compositions, perfect light. These are landscapes to be very proud of. Sie take a bow.

As usual a question, in the last shot what are the steaks of light, at first I thought meteor shower, but to early/late? Then I thought rain, but no disturbance of water on the rockpool, now I'm just curious!

Last edited:
Lovely set.

I've kind of get my head stuck on foregrounds at the moment so 4 and 5 really caught my eye.

*******! really good set, i didn't get the time when i was in that neck of the woods, but those are the kind of shots I would have liked to have taken!

Wow what a reception....thank a lot folks! All comments most apprecaited.

All wonderful, Sie. Specially as they were taken with a kodak disposable ;)

lol...They may have been ;)

You mean there are people so sad that they will base a crit of a shot on what it was taken on? Are they the decendants of those who checked if Rembrant was using the right brand of paint

By the way these are a stunning set of seascapes whatever they were taken on

they are all beautiful! :)

do people really base their criticism on peoples kit? I'm sure that can't be true :(

whatever kit you have, you have produced some really stunning images of which anyone would be proud - thank you for sharing them! :)

PS I'd love to know what exp & filter etc you used on no 1, thanks

Thank you both and yes unfortunatly it's true that people will critique based on camera usually in relation to sensor size rather than manufacturer. It does seem these people have no idea what photography is about other than equipment and usually there images reflect that. I do have a physiological theory behind this but it's a bit of a long one and makes me sound a tiny bit pretentious so I will spare you ;)

Number 1: I was doing a lot of filter changing that day but I am pretty sure I was using a polarisor and a 2 stop soft GND. Exposure was F18 at 1 sec. It was supposed to be F16 but I caught the control just before I took the shot and it raised to F18. Turned out ok though ;)

Nice ! very nice, love 1,4 & 5. did you use a 10stop on #4 and is #5 Crackington Haven by any chance ? oooh i got to wait 2 more days before i'm down there :puke: this thread is very naughty :D

Yes I did use a 10 stop and yes that is very close to where I was. I thought I had found a secret photography spot but it seems you found it too ;)

All of these are really good shots - cannot understand you comment about camera snobbery though as a good shot is a good shot irrespective of camera equipment.

If anything it's just interesting and beneficial to see what people can achieve with their equipment and perhaps they can actively dispel any such snobbery instead of submit to it. Any equipment is only as good as the person using it.

Exactly...well said!

Class, quality, stunning compositions, perfect light. These are landscapes to be very proud of. Sie take a bow.

As usual a question, in the last shot what are the steaks of light, at first I thought meteor shower, but to early/late? Then I thought rain, but no disturbance of water on the rockpool, now I'm just curious!

You are too kind mate :)

I am gonna disapoint you now. Those are dust and scratches applied by PS. It's a little different to my usual style but I thought this image worked better as an oldy style. It won't win any awards but I like it ;)

Last edited:
stunning set of images and full marks for removing the camera snobbery element.

I visited this area earlier in the year (padstow) but failed to find any locations like this!

You are too kind mate :)

I am gonna disapoint you now. Those are dust and scratches applied by PS. It's a little different to my usual style but I thought this image worked better as an oldy style. It won't win any awards but I like it ;)

Boo hiss.
The one that grabbed my eye was top left, hence the suggestion of a star trail, but the one that crosses the horizon mid point on the right got me thinking. Difficult to notice unless you see the image printed I should imagine?

What was your thinking behind adding the dust and stratches mate and you're
dead right about awards though ;)

#1 & #4 are stunning. Really like #2 too :clap:

I love looking at your sets, when i first opened this thread i actually said WOW out loud, these are amazing.
I really like the first one, perfect shutter speed gives it a nice motion to the water but still plenty detail in the way it is flowing.. (y)

Chris.

A very good set of photos, I particularly like #2 and #4 :clap:

Thanks very much guys...comments appreciated :D

Wow! I'm off down the beach, well maybe when the sun comes out again

Well, as a learning guide, I'm sorry you felt the need to remove the exif info. I'd love to konw shutter times, exposure info etc.

I love the use of a person in shot 2 & 3, really draws the eye in.

OMG they are beautiful - i love this area of Cornwall, used to go there every summer as a child. They really are lovely photos. Now all I want to know is how to take photos like that.......

I dont think you need worry about camera snobbery, if I could capture images like these with any camera I be boasting!!

Stunning set here, number 6 being to only one I dont like (I think it lacks detail or focal point) the others are IMHO brilliant

Camera snobbery?

Do you have any evidence of this from some of your previous posts?

I have never seen that on this forum. It's almost akin to saying that sensor size increases the size of their Peni-$$ !!

Stunning shots. No1 is my favourite

Last edited:
I want to say big Thanks to all that have commented and the wonderful response I have had on this post. There are some very kind words that I really do appreciate :D

Well, as a learning guide, I'm sorry you felt the need to remove the exif info. I'd love to konw shutter times, exposure info etc.

I love the use of a person in shot 2 & 3, really draws the eye in.

Thanks....I have no problem with posting the exposure settings up. Give me a few mins and I will add them to the main post.

Camera snobbery?

Do you have any evidence of this from some of your previous posts?

I have never seen that on this forum. It's almost akin to saying that sensor size increases the size of their Peni-$$ !!

Stunning shots. No1 is my favourite

lol yeah that sound's about right!

Although I don't really want to make an issue of it. The guilty party's usually have little to show from their expensive kit. I think it's a way of justifying this if you know what I mean. One day they may come around and concentrate on the important things and their photography will flourish because of that realisation.

1,4 and 5 for me.. I love the little bit of seaweed in 1, noticing the colour I had to zoom the image to see what it was.

Back