Pages not loading properly..

Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully one of you lovely people can help me..

For a while ive had a few problems loading pages on the internet of some websites, mainly the title bar has loaded but not the full page, now one of the websites I most regularly use isnt loading so I have to fix it! I use Firefox but have tried it in IE and get the same results.

I have taken a few screen shots of how they load for me, ill link to the website so you can see how it is supposed to load.

Note: Im on my laptop now or I couldnt view this website :crying:

Talk Photography
Screenshot: http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4619/talkphotography.jpg

Myspace Blogs
Screenshot: http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4931/myspaceblog.jpg

Fastfude
Screenshot: http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9642/fastfude.jpg

Thanks!

not sure what could be causing this, maybe antivirus or adblocker?

I'd suggest clearing the browser cache first, then if that doesn't work try reinstalling the browsers.

That is a strange one, looks like it's tripping over when it gets to a certain point in the page, on all those pages. Clear the cache, try on a different machine, make sure your browsers are up to date, check the settings on any add blockers that you might be running.

Does it happen all the time or do the websites work for you sometimes and not work other times?

If clearing the cache alone doesn't work, try resetting your browser to full default (this will get rid of everything, as if it was a fully fresh install, so it's worth doing on a browser that you don't generally use)

In IE: Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset (at the bottom)
In Firefox: Start in Safe Mode, then select the option to reset to defaults

If that doesn't work, reinstall.

Another thing worth trying is clearing your DNS cache: Start > Run > type "cmd" and hit enter > run command "ipconfig /flushdns"

Ive tried all of the above and none have worked :(

Kayjay, for the listed websites, they always load with only the top bar and never load fully. Im on my laptop on the same wireless internet connection and everything loads fine.

Hmm.

My next step would be to reset the winsocks.

That may mean absolutely nothing to you, but fortunatley Microsoft have a handy tool to fix it for you! Which you can get HERE. If you are more savvy and you want to read more about it, you can do so at the original article link HERE

Just run the installer, and then it takes no time at all.

Then try again, and post back :)

The installer finished then said it had been processed, is there anything I should do after that? I checked the websites afterwards and they still arent working..

Thanks for your help :)

Ok then, let's take a step back!

Lets see if there is any rogue IP or Proxy information..DNS exploits are quite a favourite with malware writers (a symptom is doing a google search, clicking the result, and getting taken to a page you didnt search for)

Fire up the command line (start > run > cmd)

Run 'ipconfig /all', and paste the full output here

To check for a proxy:

In IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings - the proxy server box is the bottom of the two.

In FF it's Tools > Advanced > Network > Settings

Is there a proxy server defined? If so, untick the box, but also paste here what was there

Also:

Download Spybot. During install, tick the box to get all updates immediately.

Run a scan (click "search for problems")

Download CCleaner - Install and run (note, if you just leave settings default, it will wipe all temp files, cache, history, saved passwords, etc).

So there is a bit of homework for you!! :LOL:

Had a go with your advie there, still doesnt work :(

Here's the results from the dns..
dnsreport.jpg

In firefox, when I checked the proxy there was none. Installed the two programs you advised, they cleaned out my computer for sure, not enough it seems!

Is there a way to remove absolutely everything from the previous installation of the browser, and I could try and install them again? Im assuming it isnt a browser issue though as it is happening in both IE and Firefox.

Cheers!

I have to admit i'm running low on ideas at the mo...

The first thing that strikes me there is...why do you have wired and wireless connected at the same time? That's an aside however, and I've not known that to cause problems in the past in these circumstances (ie, the same network)

In terms of removing everything, safe mode should allow you to reset the browser. If you uninstall though, you can select to remove your profile. This will lose any extensions etc too

Before you do that though, give Google Chrome a try

What antivirus/firewall software do you use?

Back