Paid Too Much

W

whiteflyer

Received a letter today from my electricity supplier saying I am paying to much by direct debit :eek:

They would like to reduce my monthly payment by £7 :|
and refund me £125 in over payments :woot:

Now what could I spend £125 on :thinking: :LOL:

Your gas bill? :D

Your next electricity bill which is bound to be higher than previously calculated! :thinking:

Boy that has never happened to me. I always get we underestimated please pay 400gbp now!

I need new shoes!!! :shrug: ( I ALWAYS NEED new shoes!!!! :naughty: )

I had one of these letters from British Gas the other year too. I got a refund of £125 also. I think it was because after taking into account lower DD payments, they still worked out that I'd be in credit in the next quarter so refunded the money instead of me always being in so much credit with them.

Oh and Ladybird, you sound just like my wife with the shoe comment - our house is full of pairs of shoes, some never worn......!!!!

Congrats at getting money back from a utility company! :clap:

I got a cheque from BT for £1.15 when I closed my account with them. I've kept it as a keepsake.

Just to post an update.

My electric supplier E-ON last week asked me to give them two meter reading two hours apart.
I am on economy 7 and they were not sure they had been charging me the correct day and night rate.

Well today I got my new bill, well bills really. They have had to recalculate all my bills back to November 2004, and found they had overcharged me.

They now owe me ANOTHER £240 so in six months I've got £365 back from them :)

Looks like the EF 100 macro will be here sooner than I thought. :LOL:

Back