painfully slow transfer speed from sd card

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm trying to upload images from my sd cards and it painfully slow like 1 file a minute. They are only 16mp images. Its a built in card reader it worked fine before a upgraded to windows 10. I've downloaded driver update and it says i'm up to date. Any ideas anyone?

It's possibly still a driver issue. Which brand is your machine, hoe old is it and which operating system did it originally have? Did you download the driver directly from the manufacturers website?

Last edited:
It's possibly still a driver issue. Which brand is your machine, hoe old is it and which operating system did it originally have? Did you download the driver directly from the manufacturers website?
I'm rubbish with computers I've made it worse. I downloaded what i thought was a driver update from the manufacturer medion but it was a bios update and the computer will not even boot now! Nothing happens at all so can't even boot in save mode or anything.

This could get very messy quickly, so perhaps call 'that mate' over who works in IT.

It's likely the BIOS upgrade has messed up or lost your BIOS settings. BIOS stands for Basic Input Output System, and as it sounds, it's at the very very base of how your PC communicates with it's components - the hard drives off which it reads and boots into windows being one of those components.

What's probably happened is that it has forgotten or carried over incorrect details about your hard disks so either doesn't know they are there or thinks they are somehow configured differently.

When you boot the computer there's probably something on the screen like 'Press F2 to enter setup' etc - the keys vary.

If you get this, and you enter the BIOS setup, there is probably a setting on detecting / configuring your hard disks - again, this varies depending on the manufacturer of the BIOS.

*IF* you get that, and it automatically finds your hard disks, and sets up the appropriate drive geometry automatically, then you *MAY* be able to 'Save settings and restart' or similar.

*MASSIVE CAVEAT*
If you had setup any form of none standard drive geometry or odd configurations, detecting and using the wrong settings will basically make your disks read back garbage, and should you write any information to those disks, there's probably no going back.

I'm rubbish with computers I've made it worse. I downloaded what i thought was a driver update from the manufacturer medion but it was a bios update and the computer will not even boot now! Nothing happens at all so can't even boot in save mode or anything.

Ah! a failed BIOS update is IMO not to be taken lightly. Medion if I recall is a German maker sold through likes of Aldi, I think you need to get in touch with Medion to get their support in recovering your situation. As any method will depend on the actual motherboard maker and which make BIOS they used and whether modified by them?

try the battery reset (normally has a jumper on the board too depending on motherboard).

but if it's let you flash the wrong bios to your board it could be game over.

This was my concern for him. FWIW that is why I like Gigabyte boards, mine has dual BIOS chips for just such poor/failed BIOS updates.

I'm a dumb arse I'll try the battery reset when i get home.

Back