Paintballers In Action

hahaha love the last one!! great captures, i hope you didnt get hit!

The last one is great, I agree. He looks so cheeky just popping up above the parapet! Experienced life as a combat journalist now Luke!

Love the last one. Especially as he is just shooting as you take the pic(Green at the barrel?)

Brilliant shots, didn't the camera get hit at all or did people not shoot at you ?

Brilliant set. Great colours and sharpness.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you get in to take these?
Are you a member of staff or general member of a club or did you just go down and ask to take some shots?

Thanks,
Tom N.

i am a paintball marshall at this site but if you ask they will probably let you, but will say if your kit gets hit its down to you.

just phone around, hope this helps

i am a paintball marshall at this site but if you ask they will probably let you, but will say if your kit gets hit its down to you.

just phone around, hope this helps

Thanks, I'll see what is around my area.

I did assume as much about the gear. Even though Canon don't claim any of their gear is "paintball proof" I assume it shouldnt be too much of a problem unless the front element got hit or something.

Thanks,
Tom N.

i use a carrier bag to protect the body i just keep a clear filter on the front of the lens easier to clean and less chance of scratching.

Another paintballer! :notworthy: Hello!

Nice shots Luke really like the first one as the balance of the baller on the right with the ball going off to the left is great. The only negative I would say is shame you have all those trees in the shot instead of sup air bunkers but there you go.... :D

For reference the guys that take pics of us at tournies have some kind of wet weather armour which is a custom made sleeve (£30?) that fits over the body and lens and the best comparison is it is kind of like the sleeve of a goretex walking jacket, i.e. waterproof and padded. They also have an armoured filter on the lens which is good for one direct hit and although pricey at about £60 is better that than the front lens element. I'm told a normal filter would shatter and add to the damage to the front elements.

Thanks, I'll see what is around my area.

I did assume as much about the gear. Even though Canon don't claim any of their gear is "paintball proof" I assume it shouldnt be too much of a problem unless the front element got hit or something.

Thanks,
Tom N.

Paintball markers are regulated to fire that 0.68 caliber projectile at no more than 300fps (about 200mph). If that hits your camera I would offer that the impact will damage the exterior and the shock would likely break something inside. Also the impact will drive the water based gelatin fill into any nooks and crannies and probably the interior of the camera. You really really do not want your expensive bit of kit to be hit by a paintball in any way.

Last edited:
Pretty nice shots mate Glad to see more paintball shots :D

And marcus, the camera armour really isnt a bad idea, my D80 took a string of about 5 into the side where the ports are for the USB and all that. It hasn't complained at all, still going strong :LOL: The armour kept the fill (mostly) out of all the buttons and that.

Now do tell, where do you find these armoured filters then? :LOL:

Pretty nice shots mate Glad to see more paintball shots :D

And marcus, the camera armour really isnt a bad idea, my D80 took a string of about 5 into the side where the ports are for the USB and all that. It hasn't complained at all, still going strong :LOL: The armour kept the fill (mostly) out of all the buttons and that.

Now do tell, where do you find these armoured filters then? :LOL:

I have no idea but if you are serious drop me a PM and I can drop someone a PM on the P8nt forum to find out.

Brill mate. Im not a fan of paintballing mind, but the photo's do make it look good fun.

Last edited:
Back