Painting - Be careful you don't spill any...

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Following another thread where I asked about paint that wouldn't cause any lasting harm to a willing volunteer - I recently tried 'playing' with paint...

I should stress that no lasting damage has been inflicted on the model, and he was able to get home without looking like a tellytubby or other such colourful kids character.

It's a first attempt - and a touch messy - but fun all the same... Things were very fluid to say the least...

One of the images isn't as sharp as I'd like - but love the expression - and they've all had a little work done in terms of skins and tones - so aren't designed to be a 'matching set'....

These are a few of my favourites:

1. - A single colour...

IMG_7112-Edit-Edit-1.jpg

2. A little more...

IMG_7122-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

3. Now this is getting silly...

IMG_7129-Edit-Edit-3.jpg

4. Where's my umbrella...

IMG_7165-Edit-Edit-Edit-5.jpg

5. That was a big seagull...

IMG_7193-Edit-Edit-Edit-6.jpg

6. Now this is getting serious..

IMG_7267-Edit-Edit-7.jpg

Feel free to pass comment - improvements - critiques.. Don't mind in the slightest... Might not be to everyone's taste - but it was fun :)

Try not to use Dulux gloss- that tends not to come out so easily :)

I was confused at first but you seem to have pulled it off :LOL:

4 or 5 for me :)

Bugs me a little that the drips are at an angle rather than straight down succumbing to gravity. Other than that, very well lit and quite a commercial feel.

Interesting (y)

The last one has a voodoo zombie skeleton look to me.

This looks like a fantastic messy fun shoot, so that's why I think the ones where the model is clearly enjoying himself look the best :)
5 and 4 for me, though not sure about the cut-off elbow in 4.
I don't think I'd ever get anyone to let me do this to them :D

It was certainly fun, fast paced, and a challenge - but am happy with what came out! The situation was completely fluid :) So it was just a case of throwing more and more colour at the model... We didn't actually make any green, that was a result of the colours mixing up...

Maybe someone can take the idea and improve on it :) I do like the UV idea - might be a challenge to light it well and still show the UV glow? I'm going to think about that... Interesting concept though :)

Thanks for the views and feedback so far :) and some good points about the elbow, and gravity defying drips :)

The ones with more paint on are better,as the colours really jump out, nice one.

Fair play to you. If anyone wanted to chuck some paint over me I would be off like a shot. In fact they would end up covered in paint!

Great use of colours and very initiative well done.

It was definitely fun, and has gotten me thinking more creatively now :)

Liquid latex and UV paints/lights next !

Have some ideas to try.... Maybe a little scary...

Back