Panamoz question?

Name
Cathy
Edit My Images
Yes
Just took delivery of my camera from Panamoz and I am delighted with it. Question is there is no invoice with it that matches what I bought. There are 3 invoices in the box all saying digital equipment but they don’t cover the cost of my purchase. I do have the email of my original order but would this be ok to use for Warranty?

Yes, its your record of purchase. Id imagine those are for customs. Could email and ask for an invoice.

Just took delivery of my camera from Panamoz and I am delighted with it. Question is there is no invoice with it that matches what I bought. There are 3 invoices in the box all saying digital equipment but they don’t cover the cost of my purchase. I do have the email of my original order but would this be ok to use for Warranty?

A cynic might imagine they were under-declaring the value of the import to help the purchaser evade tax, but I'm sure there must be some innocent explanation.

under-declaring the value of the import

Surely not? I thought "grey imports" were all legit.... ah, you used the word 'cynic' - that'd be me then!

Warranty is with Panamoz who have a record of your purchase, I`d print the email and stick it in the box- you must keep the box:)

You've bought a grey import and Panamoz have told a pack of lies on your behalf to evade import duty and VAT. HMRC has taken them at face value as they usually do and allowed the goods through unchecked. This is a very contentious topic and there are loads of heated threads on it.

You are the importer and legally responsible for import duty and VAT. It is even possible that you might get stopped at customs and asked to pay up some time in the future when you return from holiday - because you don't have a VAT receipt.

Your warranty is with Panamoz, not with Canon UK.

You've bought a grey import and Panamoz have told a pack of lies on your behalf to evade import duty and VAT. HMRC has taken them at face value as they usually do and allowed the goods through unchecked. This is a very contentious topic and there are loads of heated threads on it.

You are the importer and legally responsible for import duty and VAT. It is even possible that you might get stopped at customs and asked to pay up some time in the future when you return from holiday - because you don't have a VAT receipt.

Is HoppyUK on his high horse again ?.

Just enjoy the fact that you've saved several hundreds of £s on a camera that is unlikely to need a warranty claim anyway, and just the debit on your account is enough for a HMRC tax saving

I'd just not worry about it at all

Says he who has bought from Panamoz several years ago and the gear I bought is still going strong :)

Dave

Is HoppyUK on his high horse again ?.

Not a high horse at all, just the facts.

I'm not being judgemental and can see both sides of the grey debate. FWIW, I don't like the fact that it's illegal and taking valuable trade away from UK retailers, but the savings can be considerable and if HMRC can't be arsed to just do their job properly, despite years of pleading from industry bodies to tighten up, why should we be bothered?

Because everyone takes VAT reciepts for all their kit on holiday with them.

Because everyone takes VAT reciepts for all their kit on holiday with them.

I do, perhaps because I have been stopped at customs and had everything confiscated when it was hard to prove their legitimacy at 4am on a Sunday morning. It got sorted eventually but it was a very unpleasant few hours I don't wish to repeat.

I take photocopy receipts for only a few things, tucked in with travels docs - it's hardly difficult. For anything small and valuable that might interest customs when coming in from certain destinations - basically cameras, watches and jewelry etc.

I do, perhaps because I have been stopped at customs and had everything confiscated when it was hard to prove their legitimacy at 4am on a Sunday morning. It got sorted eventually but it was a very unpleasant few hours I don't wish to repeat.

I take photocopy receipts for only a few things, tucked in with travels docs - it's hardly difficult. For anything small and valuable that might interest customs when coming in from certain destinations - basically cameras, watches and jewelry etc.

I scan my receipts in on a secure app on my phone, which syncs to all my devices via the cloud so I can pull up almost any important receipt or document anywhere I have WiFi or mobile signal. No paper needed ;)

I scan my receipts in on a secure app on my phone, which syncs to all my devices via the cloud so I can pull up almost any important receipt or document anywhere I have WiFi or mobile signal. No paper needed ;)

Dave which app do you use as sounds like a good idea.

I will drop them an email and see if they will send me a proper invoice. :)
They won't and can't issue you with a VAT invoice as you have not paid the VAT yet.
You'll get that when you fill in the customs paperwork and pay the UK tax man.

If you ask them they can email you a receipt for the full value but it won't show any vat content they are unable to do that as they don't pay vat.

HDEW are a better option if you need to claim the vat back they provide a proper invoice.

All you need for a Panamoz warranty claim is your order number and a quote from a repairer that has the serial number of the camera/lens on it.

Do you need an app? Just take a photo of it.

I prefer the app because it's secure, I also store other important documents I think I might need, like copies of insurance certificates, copies of passports, drivers licences etc.

I wouldn't like those to just be in the camera roll, also I can categorised them in folders, for example I currently have folders for receipts, RM receipts, and documents.

Not a high horse at all, just the facts.

I'm not being judgemental and can see both sides of the grey debate. FWIW, I don't like the fact that it's illegal and taking valuable trade away from UK retailers, but the savings can be considerable and if HMRC can't be arsed to just do their job properly, despite years of pleading from industry bodies to tighten up, why should we be bothered?

Sorry mate - just could not resist. LOL

I prefer the app because it's secure, I also store other important documents I think I might need, like copies of insurance certificates, copies of passports, drivers licences etc.

I wouldn't like those to just be in the camera roll, also I can categorised them in folders, for example I currently have folders for receipts, RM receipts, and documents.

Do you have an app to manage your apps? :D

Do you have an app to manage your apps? :D

No, not even an app to manage passwords like lots of people seem to find fashionable :p

I'm not a huge app user, just those that are useful ;)

As others have said, the warranty is with Panamoz and your email order confirmation is all you need to make a warranty claim. Usually Panamoz will as you to send the camera into the manufacturer and then pay the bill for you.

As others have said, the warranty is with Panamoz and your email order confirmation is all you need to make a warranty claim. Usually Panamoz will as you to send the camera into the manufacturer and then pay the bill for you.

Perfect I will print off the email and leave it in the box. Thank you :)

Back