Panamoz / UPS!

Edit My Images
No
So i've used them a few times now over the years but blown away with the latest order.

Ordered a lens on Friday around 10am (6pm HK time), got UPS tracking details an hour later saying delivery due Monday. I baulked and i thought it'd be a place holder as there is no way it'd get here the next working...

2019-03-18 10_38_28-Tracking Details _ UPS.jpg

Stellar service from both companies and happily playing with my new lens!

That's a very impressive service.

have to agree, i ordered a 70-200 on a Sunday and it was at my house Wednesday morning.

Bought a couple of lenses from Panamoz and great service both times. Last time they price matched the lens to one of their competitors and knocked £36 off.

Yea because they cut out the Royal Mail ;)

But I still believe UPS are in fact the worst delivery company on earth.

I have complained about them so many times due to failure to find my address several days on the trot.

Yea because they cut out the Royal Mail ;)

But I still believe UPS are in fact the worst delivery company on earth.

I have complained about them so many times due to failure to find my address several days on the trot.

I actually really like UPS I get a few deliveries from them every week and have found to be always really quick and 99% reliable.

Fed Ex on the other hand are an absolute nightmare.

I was going to post a new thread but hope it's OK to ask in here?

I'm really tempted to try a Sony A9 and a lens and looking at the prices on Panamoz I can save a fair bit.

I've never purchased anything Camera related from anywhere other than a UK store so I little worried something will be different.

Are there any disadvantages to buy Import, are the cameras the same etc?

You won't get the manufacturers warranty on grey goods but the sellers vary from 1-3 year warranties.
I've yet to make a warranty claim but I believe in some cases they ask you to get the goods repaired and they will honour the cost.
Modern electronics is generally very reliable but of course things can go wrong.
The upside is saving money the downside is how the seller honours the warranty.

You won't get the manufacturers warranty on grey goods but the sellers vary from 1-3 year warranties.
I've yet to make a warranty claim but I believe in some cases they ask you to get the goods repaired and they will honour the cost.
Modern electronics is generally very reliable but of course things can go wrong.
The upside is saving money the downside is how the seller honours the warranty.

Thanks, something to think about I guess as knowing my luck....

I was going to post a new thread but hope it's OK to ask in here?

I'm really tempted to try a Sony A9 and a lens and looking at the prices on Panamoz I can save a fair bit.

I've never purchased anything Camera related from anywhere other than a UK store so I little worried something will be different.

As with everything there is always a risk, should it be buying a used item from a shop like Cash Converters or buying a new item from an import company. From what I understand some import companies use Fixation for the repair of Cameras & Lenses. I know that Fixation are a major company for repairs, as WEX use them, when I bought a used Canon 24-105 F4L from WEX, it failed within a couple of months and was sent to Fixation for repair. But then that particular lens was known to develop a certain fault and has been discontinued for awhile now, so new equipment, you shouldn’t have any problem with, you look after it & it will look after you.

Bought a camera and lens from Panamoz turned up in a few days, well packaged. Delivered to me by UPS.
Great service.

Their is a myth which many appear to believe, and that is that grey goods cameras lenses etc are made in a different factory to normal goods (whatever they are) grey, of course anyone with half a brain knows this is crap, they all come from the same production line. As regards Panamoz I've dealt with them a couple of times, they give great service and communication, I believe their are a couple of members on here who have had to have warranties honoured by them and again got excellent service, which is more than I can say for a few UK based companies.

@Jase as has been covered it's basically about the warranty. Panamoz and Hdew have great reputations for post sales customer service and warranties. Panamoz with 3 years is better than buying local stock never mind the cost saving! Never had to redeem a warranty but used Panamoz, Hdew, Portus (when they stocked Canon kit) and E-infinty without issue. I always gravitate to Panamoz for price / warranty balance rather then E-infinity because they seem a bit more sketchy on warranties if you read their t&c's.

I've also sold out of warranty grey kit to mpb and certainly the stuff i've sold it had no impact on valuations :)

As with everything there is always a risk, should it be buying a used item from a shop like Cash Converters or buying a new item from an import company. From what I understand some import companies use Fixation for the repair of Cameras & Lenses. I know that Fixation are a major company for repairs, as WEX use them, when I bought a used Canon 24-105 F4L from WEX, it failed within a couple of months and was sent to Fixation for repair. But then that particular lens was known to develop a certain fault and has been discontinued for awhile now, so new equipment, you shouldn’t have any problem with, you look after it & it will look after you.

WEX and Fixation are owned by the same company.

going to chime in here as I purchased a D750 kit last week from Panamoz. :)

From ordering to receiving at 9.00am prompt it took 3 days and that included a weekend, I ordered on Friday and received on Monday morning via UPS, great service, you cannot get that from some UK companies.

Also I have a problem with my lens, not satisfied with the sharpness, so I emailed them and they told me to pack it up and they would send their courier to pick it up and send me a new one. Now, how good is that, no hassle at all.

Oh. and the price was £1380 from Panamoz and the cheapest in the UK was £1850, that is some saving :p

going to chime in here as I purchased a D750 kit last week from Panamoz. :)

From ordering to receiving at 9.00am prompt it took 3 days and that included a weekend, I ordered on Friday and received on Monday morning via UPS, great service, you cannot get that from some UK companies.

Also I have a problem with my lens, not satisfied with the sharpness, so I emailed them and they told me to pack it up and they would send their courier to pick it up and send me a new one. Now, how good is that, no hassle at all.

Oh. and the price was £1380 from Panamoz and the cheapest in the UK was £1850, that is some saving :p
nice to hear after sales, used them a fair bit, but never tried the after sales side

Received my first order from Panamoz this morning and I have to say I found them excellent to deal with.

I contacted them early last week to get advice on the best time to order my new camera as I would only have a 3 day window this week when I would be home to receive it (in between a work trip and going on holiday)

I wanted it to arrive between 2nd-4th April and they advised that I should order on Thursday 28/03 and drop them an email asking for the dispatch to be delayed until Monday 01/03.

The day after ordering, the price of my camera kit dropped by £30 so I thought I'd chance asking if they could honour the new price since my camera hadn't yet been dispatched. To my surprise, they quickly replied and sent a £30 refund through paypal!

My order was dispatched on Monday 01/04 and arrived this morning.

I'm very impressed with my first experience with Panamoz and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Probably use Panamoz for my new A7III, see if they will go some way to price match E-infinity.

Probably use Panamoz for my new A7III, see if they will go some way to price match E-infinity.
I've ordered a few times and asked the same question, the answer is always no as they offer 3 years warranty and infinity only offer 1 year, but they will normally give a £20-£30 discount on anything if you ask nicely :), got a free HD filter with my 70-200, not great but better than nothing.

Their courier is coming to pick up my lens tomorrow, hope the replacement is better than the one I'm sending back. Must admit, Tina has been brilliant to deal with, I will definitely be using them again for future purchases.

I've ordered a few times and asked the same question, the answer is always no as they offer 3 years warranty and infinity only offer 1 year, but they will normally give a £20-£30 discount on anything if you ask nicely :), got a free HD filter with my 70-200, not great but better than nothing.

I think it depends on how much you have used them previously and what the actual product is of course for their cost price. I have spent a lot of money with them over the last few years probably around 20k or so and they always match or get quite close to the efinity price when I ask them.

For example in the last 6 months I have bought 3 x A7III’s from them and each time they have reduced to within £20 difference of the efinity price. Have also bought 2 lenses recently as well and on one lens they matched the price, on the other they reduced to £10 cheaper than efinity.

A mate of mine ordered an A7III at the same time I did on the my most recent order and they only offered him a token discount.

The only thing is that they can’t discount the price they refund it to you. So just as an example I received a £150 discount on my most recent order but instead of just being able to buy at the price agreed, I had to pay full price then email them the order number and they then sent a paypal refund for the £150.

Last edited:
Back