Panamoz won't deliver to N. Ireland

Hi, No disrespect to you but the Greek Post Office puts the Royal mail to shame both at the post offices and the delivery side of things.
Quote:- "Until there is a fully tracked postage method" There is a trackable postal service to and from Greece and even mail sent from the UK that needs to be signed for is delivered by a courier not the postman, they even (as long as you have the phone No. put on a package) call you when they are in your village to get directions to houses outside the village boundary or to meet them on the main road, how many delivery services in the UK do that?
And again Quote:- "Maybe you should start telling sellers you will arrange your own courier" Why should I have to do that for letters/packages being sent within the EU? Would someone that lives in Skye for example have to do that?

Skye doesnt have the same bad reputation that Greece or Italy does, you can get angry but as long as parcels go missing and the senders take the hit its not going to change.

By the way, what services do you know of that are fully trackable from the UK to Greece?

I've just checked Royal Mail and there aren't any, a 1.9KG parcel with £500 cover can only be sent via Parcelforce at a cost of £59.58 for 5 day service or £69.48 for 2 day service.

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

IMO, it's just not worth the extra hassle and risk, I presume many others think the same.

I do not no where you are getting your info from, Greece and the Greek people are some of the most honest people I have come across and I have been and seen a lot of the world, if you are reading it then you cannot always beleive what you read, if you have experienced Greece in person then I would like to where please.
You can track any registered mail from the UK to most countries in the EU if you no where to look online in fact you can track from mostly anywhere in the world on a registered package or letter nowadays.
Thanks
Russ

Last edited:
I do not no where you are getting your info from, Greece and the Greek people are some of the most honest people I have come across and I have been and seen a lot of the world, if you are reading it then you cannot always beleive what you read, if you have experienced Greece in person then I would like to where please.
You can track any registered mail from the UK to most countries in the EU if you no where to look online in fact you can track from mostly anywhere in the world on a registered package or letter nowadays.
Thanks
Russ

You can plead and persuade all you like, have a look through Google, go read the eBay forums, it's just too much trouble to risk sending to places like Greece and Italy, I wouldn't send to either as a forum sale, as an eBay sale, or a sale anywhere else.

With regard to registered tracked mail, I asked if you would be happy to pay £60 postage? You didn't answer.

image.jpg

Go and price a parcel to Greece yourself if you don't believe the costs...

You can plead and persuade all you like, have a look through Google, go read the eBay forums, it's just too much trouble to risk sending to places like Greece and Italy, I wouldn't send to either as a forum sale, as an eBay sale, or a sale anywhere else.

With regard to registered tracked mail, I asked if you would be happy to pay £60 postage? You didn't answer.

image.jpg

Go and price a parcel to Greece yourself if you don't believe the costs...
Don't need to, I no what the PO charge and I no after 9 years living in Greece what I am talking about but you seem to be un-happy about it so I would probably not ask you send anything as I would not buy fropm you.
Merry Christmas for you I hope!!

Don't need to, I no what the PO charge and I no after 9 years living in Greece what I am talking about but you seem to be un-happy about it so I would probably not ask you send anything as I would not buy fropm you.
Merry Christmas for you I hope!!

Don't take it personally, this is just a general opinion on parcels to Greece, it's not meant as a personal attack on you. I doubt any of the sellers who refuse do it out of malice. It's just one of those unfortunate things you have to put up with to live in the sun, I suppose ;).

Merry Christmas.

Back