Panamoz - wow

I've been reading a lot of grey imports come with an inferior aftermarket battery and charger... has anyone had this with Panamoz?

I've just had a lens from them and it must have been wrapped in 4 inches of bubble wrap.
Lenses are packed and sent from a different source as i also ordered a lens when i ordered the D71000 the other week, lens was packaged superbly but the D7100 just had a brown paper wrapping and the Nikon DF just inside a thin plain box with no extra protection at all

I've been reading a lot of grey imports come with an inferior aftermarket battery and charger... has anyone had this with Panamoz?

No, I ordered a 6d last year which came with the original battery. The charger was also original, but not with a UK plug. They did include an adapter though.

If you buy from a reputable seller like panamoz, hdew, digital rev you shouldn't have any problems.

No, I ordered a 6d last year which came with the original battery. The charger was also original, but not with a UK plug. They did include an adapter though.

If you buy from a reputable seller like panamoz, hdew, digital rev you shouldn't have any problems.
Indeed as Coleman's comment. Panamoz greys are sourced from Asia countries most likely to be Japanese ones. They will come with original chargers but u need a converter in order to plug it into UK mains. Also sometimes they will remove the manual and the warranty card will certainly be removed.

Reason for warranty card to be taken out, they need to keep hold of it if something g happens to the gear, so when we return the gear to them, they can do a warranty with the manufacturer directly. That's my thinking on this anyway.

Indeed as Coleman's comment. Panamoz greys are sourced from Asia countries most likely to be Japanese ones. They will come with original chargers but u need a converter in order to plug it into UK mains. Also sometimes they will remove the manual and the warranty card will certainly be removed.
Reason for warranty card to be taken out, they need to keep hold of it if something g happens to the gear, so when we return the gear to them, they can do a warranty with the manufacturer directly. That's my thinking on this anyway.

"Panamoz greys are sourced from Asia countries most likely to be Japanese ones
."...... Most likely Hong Kong.

"They will come with original chargers but u need a converter in order to plug it into UK mains"....... Illegal practise.

"Reason for warranty card to be taken out, they need to keep hold of it if something g happens to the gear, so when we return the gear to them, they can do a warranty with the manufacturer directly. That's my thinking on this anyway"...........It's to stop the buyer trying to claim under the manufacturers warranty because import duty/VAT probably hasn't been paid & manufacturers won't cover grey imports. (A few sellers don't insist on returns to Asia they use UK repairers)

Last edited:

Re: plug this isn't always the case. I bought my 6d from Panamoz in April and came with UK plug fitted and they'd also included UK instructions. If you compared to a UK version you'd struggle to tell the difference at all (box maybe).

"Panamoz greys are sourced from Asia countries most likely to be Japanese ones
."...... Most likely Hong Kong.

"They will come with original chargers but u need a converter in order to plug it into UK mains"....... Illegal practise.

"Reason for warranty card to be taken out, they need to keep hold of it if something g happens to the gear, so when we return the gear to them, they can do a warranty with the manufacturer directly. That's my thinking on this anyway"...........It's to stop the buyer trying to claim under the manufacturers warranty because import duty/VAT probably hasn't been paid & manufacturers won't cover grey imports. (A few sellers don't insist on returns to Asia they use UK repairers)

Are u referring to legality of grey import or the plug? If the latter not sure why it is illegal. In terms of the former this is not the thread for raising this. This is to share buying experience not a legal/technical tussle.

So please reserve those comments on the relevant topics.

Are u referring to legality of grey import or the plug? If the latter not sure why it is illegal. In terms of the former this is not the thread for raising this. This is to share buying experience not a legal/technical tussle.

So please reserve those comments on the relevant topics.

:confused:

All I was doing was replying to your suppositions on the points YOU made!

(btw, as asked in other threads & un answered, are you somehow connected with grey imports?)

:confused:

All I was doing was replying to your suppositions on the points YOU made!

(btw, as asked in other threads & un answered, are you somehow connected with grey imports?)
I am not sure what point I made that have you believed that I am some kind of king pin importer that has an illegal business behind it.

The entire business model of grey import is as how I have described. How they get around the legal wrangles I don't know and frankly I don't care. So that's why I am saying again you need to refer your opinion and frankly irrelevant ones to somewhere else. As stated previously this is an EXPERIENCE sharing topic not for the likes of you to vent righteousness at. That's all.

I don't belueve there are any false fact in my points either. A number of members bought from Panamoz have Japanese or Chinese language as default OSD so that would have meant they are certainly sourced from those countries...again weather it is legal or illegal is beside the point of this thread. So please do not diverge the topic.

To the OP, i'd contact them to let them know you didn't get a UK plug. I'm sure they'll send you one.

Gary, regarding the poorly packed Camera, i'd hazard a guess they do this as larger boxes cost more to ship, and are maybe more likely to get stopped in customs!

I am not sure what point I made that have you believed that I am some kind of king pin importer that has an illegal business behind it.

The entire business model of grey import is as how I have described. How they get around the legal wrangles I don't know and frankly I don't care. So that's why I am saying again you need to refer your opinion and frankly irrelevant ones to somewhere else. As stated previously this is an EXPERIENCE sharing topic not for the likes of you to vent righteousness at. That's all.

I don't belueve there are any false fact in my points either. A number of members bought from Panamoz have Japanese or Chinese language as default OSD so that would have meant they are certainly sourced from those countries...again weather it is legal or illegal is beside the point of this thread. So please do not diverge the topic.

I have not `diverged` the topic, it's YOU who keeps getting defensive. (for some reason?)

btw,Why did you start this `WOW` thread in the first place, when there is already a thread on folk's experiences with this seller?

Last edited:
I would NEVER pay for anything ordered on line by BAC transfer.

I have not `diverged` the topic, it's YOU who keeps getting defensive. (for some reason?)

btw,Why did you start this `WOW` thread in the first place, when there is already a thread on folk's experiences with this seller?

Oh for Gods sake, does it really matter? God forbid somebody creates a thread.

I was lead to believe this was a friendly form but all I ever see is childish bickering and one upman ship.

Ordered the 50mm Sigma Art which arrived well packaged and promptly.
IQ, however, was awful.
However...
Panamoz arranged for it to be picked-up and I was refunded (they gave me the choice of direct to my bank account or through paypal) really quickly.
I was impressed with their resolution of a problem.

Oh for Gods sake, does it really matter? God forbid somebody creates a thread.

I was lead to believe this was a friendly form but all I ever see is childish bickering and one upman ship.

Elliott, I agree with you. The problems arise when a poster picks out tidbits of conversation they don't like & get defensive for some reason.
Look back on the thread & tell me what I have posted that is so wrong.

I suggest ricky 1980 should be asked what's wrong with responses.

Not in my experience. UK charger and plug each time from Panamoz.

Just to confirm this isn't always the case...Sony a7 arrived with a two pin plug, no instructions and Chinese/Japanese menus defaulted in camera.

Fortunately I was buying an external charger anyway (Sony don't supply these with the a7), the manuals are online in PDF format and the DPReview forum had the key combo to switch the menus to English.

Just received an Olympus EM-1 and I'm very happy with the whole experience.
I paid Friday evening and had a confirmation Saturday morning to say the order had been received. I received another email Monday morning tho say my camera had been shipping, along with a link to the UPS tracking info. Camera arrived Wednesday.
The camera was shipped in sturdy cardboard outer box. The camera packaging itself was undamaged, and contained everything it should, including a UK lead for the charger and English manual. The camera language was set to English.

So if you're happy to buy a grey import and all that it entails (tax, warranty, etc, etc) I can recommend them, and I would definitely use them again.

Elliott, I agree with you. The problems arise when a poster picks out tidbits of conversation they don't like & get defensive for some reason.
Look back on the thread & tell me what I have posted that is so wrong.

I suggest ricky 1980 should be asked what's wrong with responses.
Carlos whatever it was prompted you to post here, whatever the reason or rational behind it let's put it behind.

I wasn't getting defensive. I was simply getting fed up with people ruining a useful and informative thread on this forum particularly on the issue of grey imports. There are plenty outlets for technical and legal arguments to be had...which is also why I had started the thread.

As a first time buyer of panamoz, I had to go through more than a few hours of reading on this forum as well as other to get to the general buyer feedback. Unfortunately for me almost 99% of the threads had been hijacked by prats/UK business interests arguing legality of buying grey. And your reply precisely reflected those and that infuriated me.

So I will apologise if I come across hard but please let's keep this one clean. As the thread is supposed to be informative in terms of experience.

Further more for anyone looking to do BACS with panamoz, I would say there is nothing to worry about as they are very communicative. As my original post, they even acknowledged my transfer during weekend.

However some would argue that if the business wind up then you are stuffed. But the problem would present itself no matter what...but anyway. If you are not sure do a bit of search and speak to those who have used panamoz like myself and others and see what they say :)

And I certainly wouldn't doubt their services until I read someone had hard time with their services.

Last edited:
Not in my experience. UK charger and plug each time from Panamoz.
At a guess they must have got the UK/European stock on those.

To be fair I really would like to know their supply chain. It seems so good I want a piece of the sweet pie :)

Last edited:
Richard, nothing `prompted` me to post, other than joining in the conversation & commenting the same as everyone else.

If you've purchased from them & are happy, that's fine & I'm happy for you too, but there are also others who maybe aren't quite as happy, or have a different experience with their service & as has been pointed out received legal UK chargers, when you didn't. All points & experiences are valid, surely?

tbh, this thread hasn't gone way off topic or been hijacked by prats (as you put it) so really don't understand why you got so angry.
If you wanted to post a `WOW` thread just to tell of your experience but didn't want any replies, you should have said so in the OP.

As you say, put it behind you & carry on. ;)

At a guess they must have got the UK/European stock on those.

To be fair I really would like to know their supply chain. It seems so good I want a piece of the sweet pie :)

Asking questions like that will surely drag your thread down? :LOL:

Back