PANAMOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
shame they don't offer free shipping like DR though

True but with their new prices being often less than some are charging for S/Hand (or triple-hand!) I don't begrudge the £9 courier delivery :)

True but with their new prices being often less than some are charging for S/Hand (or triple-hand!) I don't begrudge the £9 courier delivery :)
they are cheaper but it can get close with DR on the odd item
eg the sigma 30mm f1.4 without using Bt DR was cheaper
all This grey competition is good for our wallets
Big thanks must go to Mal for the introduction he gave me to them when I didn't buy his 7d :LOL:
5d mk3 and ef 135 f2 is my next purchase when my wallet has recovered from all this spending and that will be going into the panamoz pot too without doubt

just added a canon 40mm pancake lens to my bigma order, awaiting update of cost now for the bt payment. I assume no additional shipping fee would be charged ?

well that went well
just had my invoice for my additional order of the pancake with the 5% bt
just transferred the amount using my saved payee option entered the new invoice number as a reference and the £131.0 payment sent but it used the previous invoice number as reference
****ing technology
and now I have a foookin migraine just come on
I hate september every year every since the age of 13 every september I am plagued with them
I was born in September
lets hope I caught it early enough I have taken my imigran

I've never used bank transfer before, and if I get a loan (waiting to hear :D) I may be using Panamoz. Exactly how does it work? I've looked on the site and see that you complete a form sending urls to them to arrange it, and I've read on this forum that they send you bank details, but what do you do from there? Take the info to your bank and get them to send the money, or what? I use BACS every day in work, but it seems to be completely different to this.

Also, how come they don't sell battery grips or the new 24-70 2.8mkII? It'd be much better if I could order the lot (5dmk3, grip, battery, 24-70mk2, memory card)from one place, rather than have to track several emails. Splitting orders over two or three sites, loses me the savings in shipping and discounts.

Last edited:
email them for any product you require
on line banking is the easiest way to do a bank transfer most people already have this facility from their bank and it is free
battery grips I always get a meike from ebay had 3 now all been perfect. good quality and best of all cheap

Thanks. Now you mention it I've seen the option online for transfers. I'll stick with the canon grip though, as I like them :)

you seen or used a meike grip
looks like a quality copy of the canon at a fraction of the price

I've seen a few copies of canon grips. People seem happy with them and other types, with the obvious small amount of problems. If I do get the okay from the bank to splash the cash I'll be spending nearly £5000 so £100 more for a grip I prefer isn't my biggest worry :D

Thanks for mentioning it though :)

I've never used bank transfer before, and if I get a loan (waiting to hear :D) I may be using Panamoz. Exactly how does it work? I've looked on the site and see that you complete a form sending urls to them to arrange it, and I've read on this forum that they send you bank details, but what do you do from there? Take the info to your bank and get them to send the money, or what? I use BACS every day in work, but it seems to be completely different to this.

Do you have personal online banking? Pay any bills online?
It's the same ... create a payment using the Panamoz assigned name, sort code and account number that you get on the emailed pro-forma invoice and click 'send'.

Following a very smooth transaction for purchase of a 5d Mark III, I've just placed a second order with Panamoz for a Canon 16-35mm f2.8 and BG-E11, with payment via bank transfer to secure the 5% discount.

I'm confident in their service now, but I'll report back on the outcome here.

Well I just thought I would add some more positive feedback for Panamoz, I ordered a Nikkor 80-200 2.8 lens last week and it arrived today.

So that's the 2nd lens I have puchased from Panamoz in the last few weeks and I've been very pleased with fast service and goods I received :eek:)

Thank you Tina and staff at Panamoz

The lens and battery grip I ordered from Panamoz on Thursday arrived today- excellent service. It's also worth noting in light of a previous comment that they were very well packed.

Overall I have no hesitation in recommending this supplier, and the service from Tina feels more personal than larger suppliers.

All my stuff has arrive today that was ordered Thursday. All I can tell you from the break room in work is that they're at home and my mum said the boxes look fine :D

Just came upon this thread and am interested as I will be buying a Canon 600D (plus a few bits and bobs) on 19th October. I didn't realise Panamoz were over-seas?

So looking at the posts on here looks like about 1 week for delivery?

Bit disappointing but still seems like a very good price so will stick with them.

I assume there is no import duty on these items?

Justin

Justin1971 said:
Just came upon this thread and am interested as I will be buying a Canon 600D (plus a few bits and bobs) on 19th October. I didn't realise Panamoz were over-seas?

Bit disappointing but still seems like a very good price so will stick with them.

Justin

I'd do more research on here before pulling the trigger so you know all of the ins and outs of purchasing from Panamoz so you know where you stand on import duty, vat etc. Panamoz prices are all inclusive, but that doesn't mean you should wade into a transaction without proper knowledge.

I didn't realise Panamoz were over-seas?
Hong Kong

Less than a week. I paid Thursday evening, the camera and lens arrived Monday 17:25. Faster than many UK suppliers!

Panamoz cover all duties and taxes.

Hong Kong

Less than a week. I paid Thursday evening, the camera and lens arrived Monday 17:25. Faster than many UK suppliers!

Panamoz cover all duties and taxes.

Thanks for that digital, has put my mind at rest :)

All my stuff arrived yesterday as expected. Now gotta rtfm to find out about this 61-point AF system and other features I'm not used to.

So it's a thumbs-up for Panamoz from me (y)

All my stuff arrived yesterday as expected. Now gotta rtfm to find out about this 61-point AF system and other features I'm not used to.

So it's a thumbs-up for Panamoz from me (y)

Are you UK based and how long was the delivery?

Are you UK based and how long was the delivery?

Yes, UK based.

Tue 25th Sept.: Requested and received quote & then replied saying I wanted to proceed with order.

Wed 26th Sept.: Received proforma invoice and I did bank transfer the same day.

Thu 27th Sept.: Received acknowledgement and UPS tracking numbers

Mon 1st Oct.: Goods were delivered

So, from the time I requested a quote to then receiving the goods was 6 days...not bad at all.

Last edited:
So, from the time I requested a quote to then receiving the goods was 6 days...not bad at all.

Yeah, not bad at all,I'll be ordering mine on 19th this month so expected delivery could be around the 29th as 19th is a Friday (not sure if they deliver on Saturdays - does anyone know?)

Yeah, not bad at all,I'll be ordering mine on 19th this month so expected delivery could be around the 29th as 19th is a Friday (not sure if they deliver on Saturdays - does anyone know?)

Based on my experience, and that of others, you should have it delivered around five or six days after ordering. An order placed on the 19th would, I expect, be with you by the 25th, not the 29th.

Based on my experience, and that of others, you should have it delivered around five or six days after ordering. An order placed on the 19th would, I expect, be with you by the 25th, not the 29th.

That would be better but I wasn't sure if Sat & Sun were considered as 'days'

That would be better but I wasn't sure if Sat & Sun were considered as 'days'

Although UPS won't deliver to your door on a weekend, their worldwide shipping operations carry on 24/7. So if it lands in the UK at the weekend, you won't get it at your door until Monday.

Justin

Have you read the Reclaiming VAT thread?

......or if you can't face trawling through the whole thread, just read the last post by Matty....

.....preferably before you order.:LOL:

They are cheap for a reason i.e. HK based and no warranty apart from their own, and import duty evaded by misdescribing what they are sending.

Heather

Last edited:
They are cheap for a reason i.e. HK based and no warranty apart from their own, and import duty evaded by misdescribing what they are sending.

I can't argue with that, but my wallet is £800+ better off :D

This topic has been discussed to death in the Reclaiming VAT thread, so please don't start it off again here....

just ordered a d600 from Panamoz at a great price. Had to think 10 times before sending money via bt though!

just ordered a d600 from Panamoz at a great price. Had to think 10 times before sending money via bt though!

Only 10 times?? :D

lol still thinking ...but too late now ...hopefully this in a week :) and not :crying:

I'm sure it'll be the smiley. Just remember they are on holiday atm and not open for business until tomorrow, so they'll probably have a backlog of stuff to get through....

Heather

I'll be taking their own 1 year replacement warranty (the one where they send you a replacement if there's a fault). Seems an obvious choice at only £8.00

I will still probably buy from there but maybe not register my business before hand...

By the way, I didn't read all of the 'Reclaiming VAT' thread but what I did read was quite interesting lol

Last edited:
I'm happy with their service so far.

I ordered a Sony RX100 last Saturday and, despite them being on holiday until today, it was despatched on Wednesday night. It's already arrived at London Heathrow and I'm expecting delivery sometime tomorrow.

I also took out the 1 year replacement warranty. Hopefully I don't have any issues.

One more happy customer.

My Sony RX100 was picked up from Panamoz at 8.34pm Wednesday night by DHL. I received it around 3pm this afternoon. I make that 43 hours from Hong Kong to Manchester!

Not bad at all. :)

Nice one, did you pay by bank transfer or papal?

I paid by bank transfer last Saturday. My order was delayed as they were on holiday until yesterday.

Can't argue with the delivery times though.

bucz said:
Sorry but after other Panamoz threads has been deleted can someone tell me how you contact Tina? Thru their website or do you have direct email to her? Thanks

Just email her at support@panamoz.com

Occasionally she takes a while to reply - but never forgets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back