Panamoz

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Are Panamoz really a trusted seller. Will we get stung if paying by BT?

Also has anyone had to return anything cos it broke if so how was the process?

do a search many have used them including myself and have been very pleased

My one experience was excellent. Got a discount for BT. Arrived quick, no hidden surprises

I done a search but nothing answer to the question about has anyone had to return anything and how was the process

if you read their site you can pay a small fee which extends your 12 months panamoz warranty to a brand new replacement not a repair for the term of the warranty
It does appear that nobody has really had to return an item they have bought as faulty
I do believe galaxy knows of someone who returned an item to a guy representing panamoz in london in person and it was trouble free

if you read their site you can pay a small fee which extends your 12 months panamoz warranty to a brand new replacement not a repair for the term of the warranty
It does appear that nobody has really had to return an item they have bought as faulty
I do believe galaxy knows of someone who returned an item to a guy representing panamoz in london in person and it was trouble free

Cheers mate that all i needed to know it the warrenty that worries me but they have some cracking prices on their site at the moment very tempting

the pound is strong against the yen I believe hence the reduced prices to the uk at the moment from previous prices
have you read the warranty terms and conditions they seem straight forward and very good to me
I just bough a new mobile phone from the uk and I have received 4
4 pages of T&C in the smallest micro print I have ever ever seen and even with my reading glasses I can't read them
I will need to get a magnifying glass to read them lol

Last edited:
the pound is strong against the yen I believe hence the reduced prices to the uk
have you read the warranty terms and conditions they seem straight forward and very good to me

Not yet but will have a read and is it true they been around for 3 years...

Not yet but will have a read and is it true they been around for 3 years...
no idea how long that have been trading in the UK
The way I see it is I can get a brand new item for around the same price as a second hand private seller item which has no warranty at all is old and used
I also find that the new item from panamoz is typically quite a bit cheaper than an used item from a Uk shop
so it's a no brainer IMO
worst case scenario if all went breasts up is I'd have to pay for the repair myself

Rebel t3i said:
no idea how long that have been trading in the UK
The way I see it is I can get a brand new item for around the same price as a second hand private seller item which has no warrant at all is old and used
I also find that the new item from panamoz is typically quite a bit cheaper than an used item from a Uk shop
so it's a no brainer IMO
worst case scenario if all went breasts up is I'd have to pay for the repair myself

So for example if a canon camera break will uk canon repair it for a fee no matter what

So for example if a canon camera break will uk canon repair it for a fee no matter what

NO not unless it was bought from a UK supplier
they will repair any canon product bought from any country I believe but you will have to pay
I personally use fixation for my repairs
From what I understand with panamoz is that if your item develops a genuine warranty fault you can either return it to them or send it for repair in the UK to a repairer of your choice including canon and they will pay the bill

Rebel t3i said:
NO not unless it was bought from a UK supplier
they will repair any canon product bought from any country I believe but you will have to pay
I personally use fixation for my repairs
From what I understand with panamoz is that if your item develops a genuine warranty fault you can either return it to them or send it for repair in the UK to a repairer of your choice including canon and they will pay the bill

Or pay small fix having replacement warranty

Or pay small fix having replacement warranty
Correct
I see it as probably less hassle than buying from a Uk retail store and having to take it back to the store for them to deal with the fault on your behalf
I had to deal with the Curry's warranty process once on a 3 week old 50 inch plasma TV what a fooooookon saga that was never again 9 weeks of hassle

I returned a 24-105 which had a faulty IS system. Emailed Tina who forwarded an address in London to return the lens to where it would be tested. After a couple of days I got an email saying a new lens is being sent. Next day I got tracking info and received a new lens approx 12 days (inc weekends) after first contacting them.
Did not have any problems with the return process and a new lens was supplied as per their warranty.

I returned a 24-105 which had a faulty IS system. Emailed Tina who forwarded an address in London to return the lens to where it would be tested. After a couple of days I got an email saying a new lens is being sent. Next day I got tracking info and received a new lens approx 12 days (inc weekends) after first contacting them.
Did not have any problems with the return process and a new lens was supplied as per their warranty.

you can't fault that for service

if you want an up to date idea- wait a couple of days and il tell you.. my ordered lens ordered on monday, for which i paid extra for to get delivered within 3 days (optimistic i know) after checking with them beforehand for stock levels- has still not arrived.... ups state that thursday (3 days after ordering) a 1kg package was picked up from them en route to me which left chek lak kok, and is currently as we speak in dubai, and should be to me tuesday (8 days instead of 3....)

my main worry is that a 50-500mm sigma should weigh more than 1 kg and after numerous correspondance with panamoz being ignored im starting to worry where my 900 quids gone....

hopefully itl turn out ok and theyl refund me the quick delivery charge i paid....

I see HDEW have reduced their price for the 5D3 to £1999. For the sake of £184 I'm tempted - particularly given they told me that the camera would have a Canon UK warranty for the first year and a third party warranty for the following two years. The fact I would have the protection offered by paying by credit card over balance transfer - not that I have seen anything to suggest that Panamoz is a risk from what I've ready on these forums - is also appealing to my cautious nature!

if you want an up to date idea- wait a couple of days and il tell you.. my ordered lens ordered on monday, for which i paid extra for to get delivered within 3 days (optimistic i know) after checking with them beforehand for stock levels- has still not arrived.... ups state that thursday (3 days after ordering) a 1kg package was picked up from them en route to me which left chek lak kok, and is currently as we speak in dubai, and should be to me tuesday (8 days instead of 3....)

my main worry is that a 50-500mm sigma should weigh more than 1 kg and after numerous correspondance with panamoz being ignored im starting to worry where my 900 quids gone....

hopefully itl turn out ok and theyl refund me the quick delivery charge i paid....

All their parcels say 1kg, so don't worry about that. 8 days does seem excessive though, it's normally 3-5 days. I'm sure it'll all be okay and if you paid extra for a 3 day delivery, then I'm sure it's a genuine mistake and they'll refund you. Keep us posted.

As I've said in the other thread, I have now ordered 3 separate items from Panamoz, paid for each one by BT, absolutely no problems. All 3 arrived within 3 working days after placing my order.

Excellent service and communication, no complaints from me :)

What ever happened to the Panamoz sub forum on here? There was no shortage of people sing their praises on there. It was enough to convince me to order my D7000 from there and pay by bank transfer.

What ever happened to the Panamoz sub forum on here? There was no shortage of people sing their praises on there. It was enough to convince me to order my D7000 from there and pay by bank transfer.

some people set out on a witch hunt and I believe some other companies also complained about having some competition
I assume panamoz thought why are we paying to get this crap
The thread is in this section somewhere
I think if you just read the first and the last page you'll get the gist of who the trouble makers were and why

Last edited:
got my item in ok condition after 8 days, instead of the promised 3 days..... i requested a refund on quick delivery which they agreed- they had sent it normal delivery despite me paying for quick delivery.... the customer service side of things were awful.. isent numerous emails and only got back stupid messages which infuriated me more

it caused them a sale loss as i purchased the 11-16mm i wanted from hdew instead

Back