Panamoz

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally bit the bullet and ordered a 5D3, placed order on Thursday 7/4 and received it on the following Monday afternoon. Quite amazing!

Wowsy, enjoy ;)

A super camera and at a super price now (y)

Not been on their website for a while. I used to buy quite a bit of gear from them.

I've noticed there were no discount prices for payment through bank transfer. Do they not do that anymore?

Are they uk stock, i.e nikon bodies? My mates just bought a d810 from there, a week after i got mine on here. £100 cheaper too.

I've looked at lenses on there as they're dirt cheap, but I'm abit jubiois

Grey but Panamoz have a good track record of sorting out any issues with cameras and 3 year gtee

No, mine came from Hong Kong but as Nog says they have an excellent record and give a three year warranty. Any repairs are done in uk by usual Canon dealers. My 5D2 was a grey import from Kerso some years ago and I needed a repair, [not under warranty] and Sent it to the Canon repair place at Chelmsford with no problems. The product is made in the same place to the same standard, its a bit of a no brainer really. In some senses I feel some sympathy with those who have bought from UK sources, the 5D3 was around 500 cheaper from Panamoz but when the uk guys come to sell SH they are looking at prices very close to new, grey prices!

I have used them a lot in the past, some prices are extremely good but their prices can no longer be used as a yardstick any more, some even cost more than uk suppliers !
Looking at the price of a 5dmk 3 they are asking over £1500 for that now, iirc it used to be just above £1300 not so very long ago ?

Last edited:
The exchange rate is shocking at the moment, hence the prices are poor, and the fact no discount for bank transfers.

People dont realise the prices are linked to the exchange rates, they expect everything to be cheaper as time goes on.

[

The exchange rate is shocking at the moment, hence the prices are poor, and the fact no discount for bank transfers.

People dont realise the prices are linked to the exchange rates, they expect everything to be cheaper as time goes on.

I understand all about exchange rates ;) just making the point that they can no longer be used as a yardstick on all their prices. Having said that I would continue buying from them even at a tiny saving as their customer service in solving any problems betters many uk suppliers and that is speaking from experience.

it doesnt matter where lenses came from, Nikon cover them under their international warranty but cameras is a different matter but Panamoz offer a 3 year transferable warranty and if any problems the cameras get fixed at Nikon anyway

I know its an old thread but i wanted to ask something about Panamoz.
I got a Canon 80D recently from them. Very happy etc, but i noticed the serial number on the box was missing. Its been taken off. I asked them about this and they said it was standard practice from grey imports. Now, ive been buying from HK for a few years and never seen this before. None of my other gear, nor anyone else's i know that have brought from HK have had this.
Im not worried as such, just wondering why they did it.

Just looked at Fuji box for X T1 and it has got the serial number on, got it from Panamoz a few weeks ago.

Possibly from a `kit` & just re-boxed. Did you check the actuations were zero when you got it?

I couldn't get the program I normally use to work with 80D, so no, I didn't check. The first shot was numbered 0001 (or something like that), although I know this is not a true image number.
Unusually the language was still in Chinese when I got it, I've not had to change the language over on a grey market body before, although again, I'm not worried about this.
The serial number on the body matches the serial number in the Exif as well.

Last edited:
Could there be a cashback offer in HK? Usually with Canon cashback offer you have to cut off the serial number from the box. Shouldn't make any difference to you if there was a cashback, as you wouldn't have been eligible in the UK.

Ha, that was my next question ;)

It will probably just have been another cameras box originally. (y)

I remember reading a thread about a 5DMKIII that had the wrong serial number a few years ago. This was one of the first things I checked.

Could there be a cashback offer in HK? Usually with Canon cashback offer you have to cut off the serial number from the box. Shouldn't make any difference to you if there was a cashback, as you wouldn't have been eligible in the UK.

The sticker has been ripped off the box rather than cut off, but yes, you could be right.

Back