Review Panamoz

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Anybody used these before???

Good or avoid??

Last edited:
There's a few threads about Panamoz already, a quick search would being them up.

Lots of people have used them and have been happy with the service.

I bought a Nikon D500 from them (Panamoz) it had to go back as it was defective. I bought UK and it is perfect.

I have bought 4 items from Hong Kong and 3 had to go back as they were defective.

No problems from me. Canon 5Ds, 100-400, 24-70 and 16-35. Excellent service for me and would definitely use again if required. I did have 2 duff canon batteries which wouldn't charge after a few weeks use, but they refunded with no quibble.

I bought a 5d3 from them last year. Yet again good price and no problems.

I bought a Fuji X-T2 from them recently. Perfect service. No issues at all.

Thanks guys

For me, first time I bought a lens outside the UK, and very happy with it, much cheaper than here, was the 16-35 f4L ordered on tuesday lunch time, got it om Friday before 09.00 am

I bought my 80D from them and had zero problems, ordered and paid for with Paypal on Monday, was delivered to me on Thursday, tracked all the way so was well impressed with the delivery, and I saved £250 if I bought from Jessops / WEX.

Yes recently bought my XT1 from them and previously bought a Tamron lens. No problems whatsoever, great service and 3 year guarantee.

I bought a Nikon D500 from them (Panamoz) it had to go back as it was defective. I bought UK and it is perfect.

I have bought 4 items from Hong Kong and 3 had to go back as they were defective.

That only proves that you have been incredibly unlucky and that has no bearing at all on how good or bad Panamoz are !.

It would have been more relevant if you had told of your experience from when you first contacted them about your defective camera, which would have been rectified without any fuss as their guarantee and after sales service betters many a UK supplier.

Panamoz every time for me, great service, excellent company.

Panamoz have been excellent every purchase I have made, 4 I think now. Delivery in about 4 days with 3 year gtee, prices not so good now with the exchange rate but UK prices up as well. Last camera I got was from HDEW who had a better price than Panamoz.

My Panamoz experience:
I bought a Nikon 70-200 f2.8 from them. The price was so much better than the UK I couldn't resist. It arrived in perfect condition and very quickly.
Fast forward two years or so and the lens develops a fault - I am losing shots due to poor focus. First I think it's a lapse in technique but after some tests come to the conclusion that it's the lens. As I use it professionally I need to get it fixed fast so I send it straight to Fixation. I don't contact Panamoz believing it's out of warranty.
The estimate from Fixation (new motor required) is more than I was expecting - gulp. On a whim I dig out the Panamoz paperwork and realise it's a 3 year warranty not two.
Bear in mind I have authorised the repair and I have not followed Panamoz' procedure for a warranty claim.
I decide to send an e-mail explaining the situation and sending a copy of the Fixation estimate - I am not expecting this to produce a favourable response.
Not even 30 minutes later I get a reply from Panamoz. To paraphrase hugely their response was 'where do you want us to send the money?'.
I was quite literally gobsmacked; I thought, and still think, that this was an incredible response. Bear in mind the figure is nigh-on £400. Within another half hour the money is in my Paypal account.
Before this I liked dealing with Panamoz - I have bought several lenses and cameras from them. Now I am a committed customer.

^^^^^^ I challenge anyone to name a UK supplier that can match that warranty and response !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TG.
Indeed. Their response was better than I could possible have hoped for.
They've just started listing the new 70-200 - but want to read some real world experience as to how it compares to the one I have.

My Fuji 55-200 arrived in a crushed box, on getting in touch with them they immediately offered either to collect it and replace or they would give me a £100 refund on what I paid, so after checking out that the lens was undamaged I accepted the refund :)

I never noticed the box was crushed as it was wrapped in lots of bubble wrap, I would imagine any UK retailer would have simply said seeing as I had signed for it there was nothing they could do !!!

Last edited:
Only had good reviews from them, the lenses are dear though, go elsewhere for a lens.

Only had good reviews from them, the lenses are dear though, go elsewhere for a lens.

interesting - I have bought several lenses from them and always found their pricing to be very competitive. I've also found that if you ask they will usually drop another small amount.

I ordered a 5DSR and a 100-400mm mark II earlier this year from them. The items were shipped from different locations and arrived a couple of days apart, think it took about a week from order date for everything to arrive. While not damaged on arrival, I did think that the packaging could have been better as it was just a layer of cardboard around the manufacturer box - a chopped up cardboard box cut to fit around it. I would use them again don't get me wrong, but some improvements to packaging would be welcome!

Good to hear of these warranty stories too should I run into any issues in the future.

My Panamoz experience:
I bought a Nikon 70-200 f2.8 from them. The price was so much better than the UK I couldn't resist. It arrived in perfect condition and very quickly.
Fast forward two years or so and the lens develops a fault - I am losing shots due to poor focus. First I think it's a lapse in technique but after some tests come to the conclusion that it's the lens. As I use it professionally I need to get it fixed fast so I send it straight to Fixation. I don't contact Panamoz believing it's out of warranty.
The estimate from Fixation (new motor required) is more than I was expecting - gulp. On a whim I dig out the Panamoz paperwork and realise it's a 3 year warranty not two.
Bear in mind I have authorised the repair and I have not followed Panamoz' procedure for a warranty claim.
I decide to send an e-mail explaining the situation and sending a copy of the Fixation estimate - I am not expecting this to produce a favourable response.
Not even 30 minutes later I get a reply from Panamoz. To paraphrase hugely their response was 'where do you want us to send the money?'.
I was quite literally gobsmacked; I thought, and still think, that this was an incredible response. Bear in mind the figure is nigh-on £400. Within another half hour the money is in my Paypal account.
Before this I liked dealing with Panamoz - I have bought several lenses and cameras from them. Now I am a committed customer.

When i started reading this i thought it was going to be a horror story!!

Really great to hear this kind of service, i have just purchased a camera off them and so far the staff member i have spoke to has been very helpful! Just wish they did next day delivery...Im very impatient! :D

I wanted to get a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD Zoom Lens from them but they have been out of stock for about a year, they said their were problems with this lens and the Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 vr, sorry but I just don't get that as everywhere else sells both lenses, their is obviously another reason which I'm guessing is price

I bought my canon 6d from them, much cheaper then everywhere else I was looking. No problems from me.

I wanted to get a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD Zoom Lens from them but they have been out of stock for about a year, they said their were problems with this lens and the Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 vr, sorry but I just don't get that as everywhere else sells both lenses, their is obviously another reason which I'm guessing is price
I'd guess its down to supply as well. Currently here are only 3 Tamron lenses showing available

Bought 3 times from them paid via BT when Panamoz used to offer a further discount by paying this way, sadly I guess due to FX rates they no longer do this. From a delivery point of view no problems at all. I am on the look out for the Canon 16-35 F4 but due to £ to $ rates Panamoz is not that cheap at the moment due to rate fluctuation.

Yep they've been using that excuse for around 2 years, I don't know why they don't just remove them from the site.

Reactions: TG.
Yep they've been using that excuse for around 2 years, I don't know why they don't just remove them from the site.

Yep that's about right Chris, be interesting to see if they stock the new version of the Tamron 70-200vr coming out shortly.

Yep that's about right Chris, be interesting to see if they stock the new version of the Tamron 70-200vr coming out shortly.

Unlikely. Panamoz buy their stock from 3rd market sources, wherever they can get a decent price, that means you won't often find the latest and greatest on sale there.

Just order a Canon 100-400 MKII from them, so will let you know how it all goes. But looking good so far as have a tracking number with an estimated Delivery of the 16th Feb!!

Well what can I say lens arrived today so in my mind that is great service. So fair play to Panamoz I will be using them again in the future for sure

I ordered a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM on Saturday, 13. May from Panamoz. UPS Pickup Scan 16. May, delivered 15 min ago (17. May) in perfect condition. Well done, you hardly can beat that!

Back