Beginner Panasonic DMC F272

Name
Carlito
Edit My Images
No
Hi there I am no doubt going to be here quite often but at the current time i have a real problem with focus on the above camera hope someone can help to sort this if it can be sorted that is. I was the other day attempting to video a Heron bird which was stood behind some reeds. I had enough space in between the reeds to capture a good video of him without him seeing me. However trying to focus on him was really difficult as the reads were moving which then made the background go out of focus so he was out of focus and the reeds were perfectly in focus. What addjustments should I make to correct this problem that is if it can be corrected Or is it a case i would just have to find a clear unobstructed are to capture the video shot. Any help please. Thanks.

For a situation like the one you described you need to use manual focus. Moving reeds are going to 'get' the camera's AF attention and throw out your focus attempts.

Another way to do it is to focus on the heron (I presume it wasn't moving around?) and then lock focus using the AE/AF lock button (you will first have to dive into the menu system and assign 'AF only' to that button).

I assume you meant FZ72 not F272?

Back