"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

Those are great Matt - what are they pics of? The last few are some kind of oil in water? No idea what the first few are.

Arggh I want the 100-300! Maybe I will sell the 45-200 and get it.

Their very impressive Glen was the lens attached to G1 or GF-1 ?

I take it you were standing on the Kirkliston side of the fence (north side) when you took these shots.

Thanks Frank, yes Boathouse Bridge, here's the tower at 300mm on a G1

P1030967.jpg

Thats a really good shot Glen, of course you realise everyone will now want a 100-300. Me included!

Allan

Those are great Matt - what are they pics of? The last few are some kind of oil in water? No idea what the first few are.

Arggh I want the 100-300! Maybe I will sell the 45-200 and get it.

Thank you(y)
The first few are bubbles inbetween 2 bits of glass with food die. The last few are indeed oil in water in a bowl ontop of some 3D wapping paper.

Thanks for the info matt b (y)

Alan, why? Silly boy, you'll regret it. :nono:

Just processed some more pics - here's a stitched pano of the peaks around Zermatt - all 4000m plus.

Zermatt Panorama by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

There's a 2000pix wide version on my flickr that's worth a look if your monitor is big enough. :)

Thanks for the info matt b (y)

Alan, why? Silly boy, you'll regret it. :nono:

:)

Great shots as usual Graham(y)

I am not really using it since getting the 7d and I need the money to put towards a motorbike :)

Surprised there has been no interest yet - surely people realise the gf1 is far superior to the gf2??

Surprised there has been no interest yet - surely people realise the gf1 is far superior to the gf2??

I sold my GF1 a couple of weeks ago, No interest on here, ( ebay worked for me) you would think they would be snapped up as they are to be discontinued soon.
Anyway, sorry to see you become G-less, good luck with the bike though.

Allan

bl0at3r said:

I've been trying to swap mine for weeks now for a decent fit Canon lens or similar with hardly any reasonable interest at all :(

I was hoping to recoup around £350's worth of trade on against it considering I paid £550 for it last August and has done approximately 1,000 pics. I think I'll be lucky to get that though :bonk:

Just joined the G club with a nice little GF-1 as a walk around camera. Got tired of lugging the big Canon's around. Must say I'm impressed with the quality from such a small chip. Bit noisy at around ISO 400 but Lightroom takes care of that. real bargain at £399, so got the electronic viewfinder for it.Interesting it's the same one as the Leica, at £100 less.

Might splash out on the 20mm pancake if I feel flush a bit later

I sold my GF1 a couple of weeks ago, No interest on here, ( ebay worked for me) you would think they would be snapped up as they are to be discontinued soon.
Anyway, sorry to see you become G-less, good luck with the bike though.

Allan

Thanks Allan, it'll probably end up on eBay later tonight then :(

I've been trying to swap mine for weeks now for a decent fit Canon lens or similar with hardly any reasonable interest at all :(

I was hoping to recoup around £350's worth of trade on against it considering I paid £550 for it last August and has done approximately 1,000 pics. I think I'll be lucky to get that though :bonk:

Hmmm wonder why there's not much interest on here :shrug:

Just joined the G club with a nice little GF-1 as a walk around camera. Got tired of lugging the big Canon's around. Must say I'm impressed with the quality from such a small chip. Bit noisy at around ISO 400 but Lightroom takes care of that. real bargain at £399, so got the electronic viewfinder for it.Interesting it's the same one as the Leica, at £100 less.

Might splash out on the 20mm pancake if I feel flush a bit later

Congrats, IQ is really very good but as you have found higher iso is pretty poor.

:( Awww shame, mind you you have the 7D (y) What bike are you getting and is it replacing the MX-5?

Yeah, MX5 went a couple of months ago - looking for another bandit 1200 or maybe a jap harley rip off.

I'm more than happy with the 7d & 24-105L combo at the moment (y)

There's been a rash of these for sale on here recently. I bet you'll get a decent price on eBay, people pay silly money on there.

Sad to see some of the 'gang' leaving. I suspect you'll be back though ;).

Last edited:
I'm more than happy with the 7d & 24-105L combo at the moment (y)

Yeah that 24-105 is a hell of a lens!! If only it were f/2.8 for the same money!! :nuts:

There's been a rash of these for sale on here recently. I bet you'll get a decent price on eBay, people pay silly money on there.

Sad to see some of the 'gang' leaving. I suspect you'll be back though ;).

Not too silly, I got £330 for the GF1 and 14-42. It was a big loss on the new price, but everything seems to drop as I sell and go up when I buy! I kept the original 14-45 for my G2, so I am staying in the "gang" with that.
Anyway, loving the new X1, its like a GF1 on steroids!

Allan

Well done:wave:, hope you don't live to regret...

Still you'll always be welcome back in the "Gang"(y)

Sold Little Geoff - will be on it's way to the new owner Monday (y)

Good news, even better news is that there will probably be a few more for sale when you decide to get another! :naughty:

Allan

At the risk of sounding smug and superior, I think some people should spend more time taking pictures and less time and energy on buying and selling different cameras every other week. :shrug:

Well done:wave:, hope you don't live to regret...

Still you'll always be welcome back in the "Gang"(y)

Cheers Dave, will pop in from time to time to see what you been up to

Blimey, that didn't hang around did it Alan :thinking: (y)

No, eBay has a bigger audience (and less tight arses :LOL:)

Good news, even better news is that there will probably be a few more for sale when you decide to get another! :naughty:

Allan

Cool, but I doubt I'll be wanting another :nono:

At the risk of sounding smug and superior, I think some people should spend more time taking pictures and less time and energy on buying and selling different cameras every other week. :shrug:

Indeed, but I also feel that if I don't use the thing for a few weeks then I may as well benefit from using the money for other things :wacky:

The 7D on the other hand has had plenty of use recently (y)

The GF1 does seem to have a popular following and many with DSLR's seem to buy one and then sell it..?

Iv'e not been out for a bit really and want to start getting out more now. Launching a new car really does take up your time :shake:

bl0at3r said:
Indeed, but I also feel that if I don't use the thing for a few weeks then I may as well benefit from using the money for other things :wacky:

The 7D on the other hand has had plenty of use recently (y)

It was more aimed at AndyWest than you really :p

Glad you are getting on with the 7D though. I might get one to go with my 5D. ;)

No, eBay has a bigger audience (and less tight arses :LOL:)

lol, I think I might give it a go... I am a bit kind of loathe to sell it but I really want a couple of lenses to go with the 40d body I bought before Christmas, and at present with me losing my job this is my only way of funding them! :shrug:

Had a quick "Fondle" of a 5D MkI today. Nice size for my hand and not to heavy.
Can't see me getting rid of the GF1 though.
Just need to sell the MTB to fund the 5D :)

Had a quick "Fondle" of a 5D MkI today. Nice size for my hand and not to heavy.
Can't see me getting rid of the GF1 though.
Just need to sell the MTB to fund the 5D :)

I've gone other other way, Still have a 5D and a 1Ds but opted for a GF-1 as a walk around camera. Go some location work next week and taking the little GF-1 with me as well

Got my freebies from Panasonic today for buying my G2, Adobe Photoshop and Premier Elements 9 and a £35 voucher for Going Digital. Has anybody used their vouchers yet and what for?

Allan

Back