"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

I'm staying with GF1 and G1, just cannot get used to or like the touch screens

Might buy that 100-300mm lens thats about all I want , I think!

I think if I had a GH I'd use it like an SLR with the viewfinder and leave the screen turned off unless using it to shoot in awkward positions or when reviewing pictures. Used like that the annoying touch screen would be just about forgotten.

That Blue G2 is one sexy beast (according to she who must be obeyed) My GF1 is Red. I just like to be different :woot:

Bored today so thought I would try out my Nikon 50 with the G1. Photos were not taken for composition but just a simple test of how they worked out with manual focus. ISO 400 throughout as I forgot to change it.:bonk:
Picture 1 taken at 2.8 and hand held in poor light.
_1010215.JPG

Picture 2 taken at f4 (I think) on tripod.
_1010224.JPG

Picture 3 on tripod f8.
_1010227.JPG

I never managed to get any photos outside as the weather was too bad, but I think that it was worth getting the adapter as I think the lens could be quite useful.

Talking of lenses being useful...

I tried my Siggy 12-24mm on my 35mm SLR and just loved the field of view, it made me thing about going for a full frame DSLR to get the best out of that one lens.

I love my GF1 just as it is though.

The G2 does look to be a bargain. I fancy a blue one, or a red one.

What colour is yours Allan?

I took this for todays entry in my 365. Camera is black but the lens is blue!!

5472197730_e7fbd5e731_z.jpg

Allan

Well legacy lenses seems to be the order of the day at the moment, and I have a new toy in that department too. (and another on the way). The OM2 I bought came with a Zuiko 50mm and a Teleplus Macro 2x onverter. The 50mm is going back on ebay as I already own a better example, and I had initially planned on the teleconverter joining it, but it's actually proving to be very useful! It's also the first thing photographically I've found labelled made in England, whcih is odd! It's matched to the 50mm f1.8 and on an Om gives 1:1 magnification, so 2:1 should be possible on m4/3 (I think, I don't get Macro!)

Normally I hate Teleconverters, they sap resolution and slow the lesn down, as well as adding nasty artifacts, but this has been great - if you find a really harsh contrast it does give some extra Blue and yellow fringing if the focus isn't spot on, but otherwise I think it's great!

I shot this with it earlier (also shown elsewhere)

Well legacy lenses seems to be the order of the day at the moment, and I have a new toy in that department too. (and another on the way). The OM2 I bought came with a Zuiko 50mm and a Teleplus Macro 2x onverter. The 50mm is going back on ebay as I already own a better example, and I had initially planned on the teleconverter joining it, but it's actually proving to be very useful! It's also the first thing photographically I've found labelled made in England, whcih is odd! It's matched to the 50mm f1.8 and on an Om gives 1:1 magnification, so 2:1 should be possible on m4/3 (I think, I don't get Macro!)

Normally I hate Teleconverters, they sap resolution and slow the lesn down, as well as adding nasty artifacts, but this has been great - if you find a really harsh contrast it does give some extra Blue and yellow fringing if the focus isn't spot on, but otherwise I think it's great!

I shot this with it earlier (also shown elsewhere)

A lovely shot Alan, beautiful colours, DOF and composition. That teleconverter was worth keeping.:clap:

Well, that's certainly an interesting shot. Nice and sharp too, those Raynox lenses seem to perform well. We had a lovely sunny day today, almost t shirt weather, unfortunately, I left my G2 at home so have nothing to post here. Lots of shots with the other camera though!
Must. Take. G2. Out. Tomorrow
Allan

Well, that's certainly an interesting shot. Nice and sharp too, those Raynox lenses seem to perform well. We had a lovely sunny day today, almost t shirt weather, unfortunately, I left my G2 at home so have nothing to post here. Lots of shots with the other camera though!
Must. Take. G2. Out. Tomorrow
Allan

Thanks Allan. Another horrible day here today. The sea mist has rolled in and it's raining.:crying: Typical it's my day off.:bang:

Beautiful shot, Oldboy. I see the hanging baskets are in spring bloom!

Thanks Janice, furthest I get out these days just outside the back door.

That hanging basket was bought in Lidls and has survived all the snow and frost of the winter.

I want that 100-300mm lens.....but I must sell my 45-200mm first !!

It certainly looks a great lens from what I've seen from it and will certainly save a lot what I can do least of.... Walking

Love the Spitfire, one of my favourite planes. We have the Spitfire and Hurricane museum nearby with one of each on display as well as loads of other goodies. Its a great day out, and its free!

But, I might be leaving this forum soon, I will be selling my M43 gear, I dont seem to use it anymore, but I'll wait till everyone sells their 45-200's first!

Just need to pluck up the courage to start listing it somewhere........

Allan

Suppose i better start posting pics now i can get out and about again.

Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 MultiAir TCT.
Much fun.

Can now get places to take pics. :clap:

The 20mm is a cracker. Still need to work out what lens to add next, cant decide on reach or the 14-42/45(which ever is the sharpest).

I'm very tempted by that 7-14mm, but where are they available for about £100? :D

I'm very tempted by that 7-14mm, but where are they available for about £100? :D

7-14 looks awesome but too spendy for me. The 9-18mm looks decent enough though still a little pricy. For a cheapo ultra wide I got an Olympus wide angle adapter and a step ring to attach it to the 14-45 - works surprisingly well. There's quite a bit of distortion but easy enough to fix in LR/PS.

I have a wide angle thingy for my GF1 and 20mm but I'm worried about it putting strain on the mechanism. Maybe it wont, but for some reason it bothers me.

PS. That 9-18mm Oly lens does look tempting.

Last edited:
I have the Oly 9-18, I managed to get it for £460, Ive never seen it that low since, noticed it has dropped back to £480 from £500 a few weeks back on Amazon.

Annoyingly like everything it can be got much cheaper abroad, but once you add import duty and delivery etc it might not be worth it. Seen it on some sites for $600 which is apparently about £370.

Bought myself the 100-300mm lens, arrived from Mathers this am.
Testing it out find Zooming is a little stiff and jerky, is this mormal ?

I am pleased with the results on a G1

Bought myself the 100-300mm lens, arrived from Mathers this am.
Testing it out find Zooming is a little stiff and jerky, is this mormal ?

I am pleased with the results on a G1

My lens is quite stiff too, I expect it will smooth out with use

Back