"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

together with the rocker switch for adjusting ISO
What mode are you in to make it do that (and why aren't we in the G5 thread :thinking:)? I can get it to change exposure but in A mode that means shutter changes and in S mode it means aperture mode. I thought M mode it just altered aperture... So come on Julian...

arad85 said:
What mode are you in to make it do that (and why aren't we in the G5 thread :thinking:)? I can get it to change exposure but in A mode that means shutter changes and in S mode it means aperture mode. I thought M mode it just altered aperture... So come on Julian...

I have discovered that in QMenu when in Manual Mode you can use rocker for aperture setting, then a quick press and a click on the thumb wheel and you can use rocker for shutter.

Cheers Janice but I don't want them to be too good after having bought a 5DMK3:D

Always believed its the 'eye' behind the camera, not the camera that makes a good shot . . . ?????

I love the shots, simple but make me look . . .

CJS

CJS said:
Always believed its the 'eye' behind the camera, not the camera that makes a good shot . . . ?????

I love the shots, simple but make me look . . .

CJS

Same here!b:)

Page 385! They are a bit random I was trying various shots at different focal ranges against different subjects- including the impossible to photograph Black dog belonging to my missus lol.
Ive just got the 12-35mm for it and it's an excellent combination.

Where about am needing go specsavers? Ha ha

But this time basing it around one standard camera body, the too good to refuse G5 offer via the Panasonic Lumix club:) and an IR converted G1.

Welcome back Mal (y)

My math says that is 2 bodies :D

You are as bad as bl0at3r!! :D

:LOL: teehee I'm famous (y)

Ive though about a G5 but it a bit big compare to a GX1??? How is the GX1 rather folks

I love my GX1 - the handling for me is favourable over the G1/2/3/5 (although I have a g3 too for the larger lenses I own like the 45-200 and 7-14

And guess what . . . I'm selling my m43's and getting a DSLR again . . . . . .

. . . . . . only kidding, no chance :D

Not tempted by the D600 Julian ? I know I'm not :nono:

NICE images there Alan!!!!

Loving the G5 so here are a couple of random shots :) 1 and 2 were taken using the 14-45 3 was taken using the 14-42 PZ

7973319772_aa856b250c_o.jpg
[/url] P1000059_3507 pp by laidbackman, on Flickr[/IMG]

Very nice Mal

Has anyone got the Olympus 75mm F1.8? I'm thinking of getting one for my GH2 and was wondering if anyone else was using it with lumix cameras and what their experience with it is like.

Has anyone got the Olympus 75mm F1.8? I'm thinking of getting one for my GH2 and was wondering if anyone else was using it with lumix cameras and what their experience with it is like.

I have one, a GH2 and a GF1 and although nicely balanced, particularly on the GH2, I don't use them together, as the IBIS on the OM-D is really useful, especially in low light.

Have any you guys sold up dslr and moved to a Panasonic 4/3 and regretted it?

Ooops sorry, not sure why I typed ISO (must have been thinking of something else at the time), should have said exposure compensation :D

ShrubMonkey said:
Nope, not for me. Depends on what you shoot I think.

All I be shooting is family and bit of landscape and macro. Looked at a G3 today as good prices looks good but GX1 still tempting for compactness. Do u guys use EVF much

rookies said:

There are plenty that have moved here, then back, then here then back!! Is difficult to ditch DSLR completely...but I just have! :)

rookies said:

Nope, no regrets here. I'm more than happy with my kit and will soon be investing in a second M4/3 body and Sigma prime.

All I be shooting is family and bit of landscape and macro. Looked at a G3 today as good prices looks good but GX1 still tempting for compactness. Do u guys use EVF much

Yes, EVF is my preference and then an adjustable LCD screen

I just can't decide between primes or zooms! I love fast lenses with great bokeh.. But when out and about I never have the right focal length on andi am as,clumsy as hell!!

I've sold 5D2 and moved completely to M4/3. Just waiting on the GH3 and 35-100 now...

arad85 said:
I've sold 5D2 and moved completely to M4/3. Just waiting on the GH3 and 35-100 now...

Which 4/3 you got at moment before GH3

I'm hoping the GH3 has the new Sony sensor or can at least match it. I read that Sony and Panny are cooperating with TV's so maybe it's not impossible that the GH3 could have the Sony sensor... I live in hope.

woof woof said:
I'm hoping the GH3 has the new Sony sensor or can at least match it. I read that Sony and Panny are cooperating with TV's so maybe it's not impossible that the GH3 could have the Sony sensor... I live in hope.

I hope they don't with tv as hate Sony tv nothing but trouble in the past. I love my panny plasma

rookies said:
I hope they don't with tv as hate Sony tv nothing but trouble in the past. I love my panny plasma

Haha, well that's your experience, we only have Sony tvs in the house, superb!

Why not buy a Sony camera? Nex 5 or 7 :thinking:

rookies said:
Why not buy a Sony camera? Nex 5 or 7 :thinking:

Poor lens line up puts a lot of folks off, plus being aps-c the lenses are larger. I've thought about a nex-7 in the past, but that lens line-up put me right off

How about E-PM1 as twin kit £299

Poor lens line up puts a lot of folks off, plus being aps-c the lenses are larger. I've thought about a nex-7 in the past, but that lens line-up put me right off

Aps-c is suppose be better than m43??? Bigger sensor less iso noise?? Bodies nt that much bigger but lens prolly are

Grrrrrr I want a good mini slr which I dunno as coming down from a big slr bout see image quality drop on compacts that why looking at mini slr.

Also Sony coming out wit PZ lens

Back