"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

A couple of Bird shots with the GX80 and Oly 40-150 f2.8, shot through the DG window.

Blue Tit
by Ajophotog, on ipernity
1/100 • f/5.0 • 150.0 mm • ISO 200
Panasonic DMC-GX80
OLYMPUS M.40-150mm F2.8

Nuthatch
by Ajophotog, on ipernity
1/80 • f/5.0 • 150.0 mm • ISO 200
Panasonic DMC-GX80
OLYMPUS M.40-150mm F2.8

Beautiful bird images, nice and crisp, that's the type of shots I would love to get of the birds that visit our garden. If I could get lucky with the light I'd have some chance, been ISO 1600 days for a while now

Any of you use 3rd party batteries in your G80?
If yes, what have you tried?

I just got one spare, this one here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0051GO05Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems to last as long as the original battery, great price.

Last edited:
Repair estimate for the g7
Camera requires replacement mount box. General clean and check

=========================================================================
Estimate Cost:

Labour : 50.00
Parts : 121.44
p&p : 9.00
Total : 180.44 exc vat
vat : 36.09
Less deposit/payment : - 0.00
-----------
Balance req : 216.53

Less than I thought, cheaper than a new body I suppose.
Probably worth doing?

Last edited:

Estimate Cost:

-----------

Probably worth doing?

Ouch! Worth it if you are keeping the camera I suppose.

Estimate Cost:

-----------

Probably worth doing?

I would stick it on Ebay as for parts/not working at least you will get something back and then buy a G80 :)

I would stick it on Ebay as for parts/not working at least you will get something back and then buy a G80 :)

Thats a point, never sold on ebay though. Another thing that is putting me off, what if it gets replaced with a shutter that suffers from shutter shock, the current failed one never did. I think I will most probably just have it sent back as is, a bit of an annoyance for my daughter, though she understands it's a lot of money to get it fixed.

Beautiful bird images, nice and crisp, that's the type of shots I would love to get of the birds that visit our garden. If I could get lucky with the light I'd have some chance, been ISO 1600 days for a while now.

Yeah it has been pretty grim so far this year for light.

The light wasn't bad yesterday eve, didn't get anything special but this was a bit rare for my garden at least; A pair of long tail tits on the feeder - they only started coming in over the past couple of months, usually run off by the bigger birds

Panasonic G80 + Olympus 40-150 4-5.6, shadows boosted a fair bit in LR as they were back lit by the sun - who says M43 has no DR?

Pair of long tail tits by K G, on Flickr

And a single one who refused to pose any better for me:

P1040321 by K G, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great shots Keith , I've been getting LTTs on my feeders recently , never had them before , too far away for photos though.

Great shots Keith , I've been getting LTTs on my feeders recently , never had them before , too far away for photos though.

Took those through the window, we have an Ash tree about 20 feet from it, only place I can hang feeders to get any kind of good shot, the images are well cropped down too.

There has been a definite shift in types of bird to the feeders. Last year it was all finches, I had tonnes of Gold and greens, hardly spotted one of either this year. I have spotted a bullfinch in the bushes down back of the garden, but he's very shy, won't come in, he's eating what's left of any berries on the ditch. I'd love to get some nice shots of him.

Last edited:
The light wasn't bad yesterday eve, didn't get anything special but this was a bit rare for my garden at least; A pair of long tail tits on the feeder - they only started coming in over the past couple of months, usually run off by the bigger birds

Panasonic G80 + Olympus 40-150 4-5.6, shadows boosted a fair bit in LR as they were back lit by the sun - who says M43 has no DR?

Two lovely shots Sir, with some fine detail & colours.(y)

George.

Hi guys, having problems with time lapse settings on my G6. Have only used this once before, a year or so ago. Something tells me I had similar problem then but figured it out but I seem stuck this time. So to the settings:

Camera: all manual, including focus, shutter speed 30secs

Time lapse: start time - now, shooting interval - 10secs, image count - 40

So I select start, I get the message to hit the shutter and sure enough the time lapse starts but every time it only takes a few shots, between 5 & 10 depending on shutter speed before stopping. When waking the camera up I get the message time lapse complete.

I'm really scratching my head now so any ideas/suggestions gratefully received?

Last edited:
Hi guys, having problems with time lapse settings on my G6. Have only used this once before, a year or so ago. Something tells me I had similar problem then but figured it out but I seem stuck this time. So to the settings:

So I select start, I get the message to hit the shutter and sure enough the time lapse starts but every time it only takes a few shots, between 5 & 10 depending on shutter speed before stopping. When waking the camera up UK get the message time lapse complete.

Shouldn't the interval be longer than the shutter speed, also giving time for any long shutter speed noise reduction per image?

Shouldn't the interval be longer than the shutter speed, also giving time for any long shutter speed noise reduction per image?
Thanks for the reply Sam. As I understand it the interval is the gap between exposures (shutter close of first exposure to shutter open of second exposure) so I don't see it effected by shutter speed...... :confused:. I should have stated on my original post that long shutter noise reduction is off.

Nice and sharp, these dont pose for very long before they take off again. I fine it very frustrating to get good shots of them.

So I select start, I get the message to hit the shutter and sure enough the time lapse starts but every time it only takes a few shots, between 5 & 10 depending on shutter speed before stopping. When waking the camera up I get the message time lapse complete.

mmm, this caused me an issue in trying to do star trails with the g7, for the 30second exposure one after the other I had to set 32seconds I think it was, but if you want the 10 second interval, how about setting it to every 42 seconds, I have no idea if it would work like that, by just adding on 10 seconds to what I needed to get continuius 30 second exposures.

Think it makes sense :confused: :)

mmm, this caused me an issue in trying to do star trails with the g7, for the 30second exposure one after the other I had to set 32seconds I think it was, but if you want the 10 second interval, how about setting it to every 42 seconds, I have no idea if it would work like that, by just adding on 10 seconds to what I needed to get continuius 30 second exposures.

Think it makes sense :confused: :)
Thanks Michael, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I will adjust the interval time as you suggest and see if that works!

Well happy to report back that problem was the interval time and my misunderstanding on the interval time. Indeed it needs to be shutter speed + actual interval time. Now working fine thanks!

The very rare pinkifoot :exit:

Your first thoughts on handling ect are ? good detail in the shoe
I think I'm going to love this lens.
So light compared to the D7000 and Sigma 150-600.
great to not be lugging around a heavy tripod and gimbal.
Just need to get used to the camera and lens now.

I think I'm going to love this lens.
So light compared to the D7000 and Sigma 150-600.
great to not be lugging around a heavy tripod and gimbal.
Just need to get used to the camera and lens now.

On my first time with it i felt i got used to them quickly, then this time its been a bit of a struggle, then i realised first time round i was able to get out every day but this time the weather has been against me,

Anyone recommend a not too large backpack to hold my G80, 12-60, 100-400 and possibly a wide angle lens in the future?
Cheers

Do all the 4/3 cameras have that magnifier box when using spot focus , never come across it before .

Do all the 4/3 cameras have that magnifier box when using spot focus , never come across it before .

Not sure, but I never use that focus mode, I use the one next to it, the adjustable single focus box.

Robert what you feeding them birds on ! :D

Love the Coal Tit great shot (y)

The lens I would love the most atm, but it aint happening until I win on the Bingo! :LOL:

It's a cracking lens. I had to sell three lenses and a body so I could afford the G80 and this lens.
No regrets so far.
These shots were all hand held, something I wouldn't have achieved with my 150-600 as I couldn't get good sharp shots without using my tripod and gimbal. I'm a weakling, lol
It was lugging all that around that made me decide to look for lighter gear.

Last edited:
It's a cracking lens. I had to sell three lenses and a body so I could afford the G80 and this lens.
No regrets so far.
These shots were all hand held, something I wouldn't have achieved with my 150-600 as I couldn't get good sharp shots without using my tripod and gimbal. I'm a weakling, lol
It was lugging all that around that made me decide to look for lighter gear.

I have never regretted selling off my old FF Nikon gear, at one point I had 10kg of stuff in the camera bag just going out for casual hikes, with a duffed back it was wearing me down, turning me off photography. I switched back to APSC for a couple years [Fuji] but M43 always intrigued me since it came about, I was like many, feared the small sensor! was never sure if it would last the course - well, it has, and that stablization, tidiness and budget friendliness got me in the end. I love my G80, have an old em5 also which is great in it's own way, but I'm trying to off that to get more lenses - one body is plenty enough for me right now.

A simple shot from earlier, a green Caterpillar hanging about just outside the front door, nice sign that Spring is officially here. I could have poked him into a better position, but I don't like to F with nature, just observe :) will be many more about I'm sure

Caterpillar by K G, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back