Panasonic G80 stabilisation when taking video

Edit My Images
No
i'll begin by saying wasn't sure if to post this here or in the video section. I have recently acquired a G80 and in the very early stages of getting to grips with it. I have already posted on the main Panny thread re lenses, but that didn't seem the right place for this particular question.
Today, I've used the G80 for the very first time with a borrowed lens but before doing so, ploughed through all of the "Operating instructions for advanced features" - all 338 pages of it! I am now totally confused about stabliisation when in video mode. IT seems to me that you can have lens IS working in conjunction with IBIS (giving dual IS v1 or v2) but then you can add "E-stabilisation" (for video only not stills). Is this correct and can anyone, in simple terms, explain the need for "E-stabilisation" on top of dual IS? What I did discover is that the field of view is narrowed significantly with everything enabled. Apologies if this is a dumb question but any help/guidance is much appreciated.

E stabilisation is electronic its like using warp in post so crops. Its working as it should.

is there any information on youtube that may help?
Thanks. I'll have a look. Just thought someone here might have first hand experience of this issue.
E stabilisation is electronic its like using warp in post so crops. Its working as it should.
Thanks for the reply. I guess the best way to find out if it's required (by default) will be to shoot test movies, some with E-stabilisation, some without.

Back