Panasonic Lumix FZ Range

Edit My Images
No
I currently own a Panasonic Lumix FZ45 having upgraded to this from the FZ18 and initially I was quite pleased with the results I was getting with the FZ45 but after using it for some time I am not so sure that it is such a good camera as it was billed to be! I also have access to a FZ38 and to me this seems a much better camera than the FZ45 with the pictures coming out more sharper and the colours more 'true' when like for like settings are used on both cameras.

I am currently debating whether to sell my FZ45 for a FZ38 or to wait for the new FZ48 to go on sale next month ~ I was just wondering if anyone else has found the same with their FZ45 and I am also looking for advice as to whether I sould opt for the FZ38 or the FZ48.

Any guidance would be appreciated!!!

Hi Ewok

Probably not going to be v.helpful but I purchased a FZ38 a few weeks ago after carrying 10kg+ of camera gear up the Old Man of Coniston in crappy weather and promised myself I would get a superzoom to prevent myself from ever doing so again.

Anyway, I have a copule of nice DSLRs and just prefer the responsiveness and viewfinder on the DSLRs so have put my FZ38 up for sale.

Personally, if you are not delighted with the FZ45 (and I have read a few times that the 38 is better ?) I would get a cheap DSLR (used Canon 40D) plus some lenses (you will find lots of advice here on TP). If you do want a FZ38 I can honestly say that mine is a stunning used copy and comes with the very highly regarded and rare Nikon TC (which alone is over GBP160 new) and advertised here:

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=344157

Good luck with your choices.

Regards.

Gary

Hi I am unable to access the classifieds as I am new on here and have been looking to purchase a bridge.
I had narrowed it down to the Fuji HS10 or Panasonic FZ38.
Gary, are you only selling the FZ38 on here? How could I have the information etc?
Thanks
Kylee

I perhaps should say that I am looking for a bridge as an upgrade from a compact. It's mainly to photograph close up jewellery (business related).

I perhaps should say that I am looking for a bridge as an upgrade from a compact. It's mainly to photograph close up jewellery (business related).

Hi Lunes

Do not want to hijack this thread, but mine is only for sale here on TP, since you asked.

It MAY not be what you want as I've bundled it with the Nikon TC and Permraal step-up adapter which adds about GBP80 to what you can (possibly) get the body alone for.

I am asking for GBP250 delivered. This combination makes the FZ38 capable of about 700mm of focal length so is good for macro up to wildlife shooting.

PM me, if possibly interested ?

Regards.

Gary

Meant to add, apologies to Ewok for going off topic.

Gary

Last edited:
Back