Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for something

Shorter than 20mm
f2 or better
auto focus
not Olympus

So far I am going towards a Sigma 16mm f1.4 DC DN Contemporary

I have counted out the Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 for several reasons I think the Sigma looks better, and the Panasonic Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 II doesn't give me much above the zoom lenses.

Would be interested to hear from any one who has had or has the Sigma lens, also of any others I should look at.

Panasonic 9/1.7 meets all your criteria

Why discount Olympus?

The Panasonic 14mm f2.5 doesn't have a wide aperture but it is compact and light and for anyone who preferers primes to zooms or values compact and light lenses it's worth looking at.

Why discount Olympus?

The Panasonic 14mm f2.5 doesn't have a wide aperture but it is compact and light and for anyone who preferers primes to zooms or values compact and light lenses it's worth looking at.
I just don't want Olympus, no particular reason.

Yes, I looked at the 14 2.5 as you can see, but as I mentioned, it doesn't give me much over the zooms.

Yes it does, I should have said between 12 and 20mm
I have the 7-14
Yes you should, no suggestion now you have discounted the 15/1.7
The Sigma is crazy big for M4/3 probably because it was designed for an APS-C sensor.

Personally think the 15/1.7 is a nice little lens and doesn't take up much room in my bag.

Last edited:
I just don't want Olympus, no particular reason.

Yes, I looked at the 14 2.5 as you can see, but as I mentioned, it doesn't give me much over the zooms.

If it was for reasons of compatibility of IS or something like that I could understand but not wanting a particular brand for no stated reason just seems a bit daft to me but I suppose each to their own. I like to be brand agnostic, as long as the kit works.

I think I'd possibly stay away from the APS-C reworked for MFT lenses as they're needlessly big. The discounted because it's an Olympus 12mm f2 could be something I'd look at as it's well regarded and well made. Having painted yourself into a non Olympus corner maybe the 9mm Panny f1.7 is worth a look.

I do like the 14mm f2.5.

KCey5Ec.jpg

Last edited:
If it was for reasons of compatibility of IS or something like that I could understand but not wanting a particular brand for no stated reason just seems a bit daft to me but I suppose each to their own. I like to be brand agnostic, as long as the kit works.

I think I'd possibly stay away from the APS-C reworked for MFT lenses as they're needlessly big. The discounted because it's an Olympus 12mm f2 could be something I'd look at as it's well regarded and well made. Having painted yourself into a non Olympus corner maybe the 9mm Panny f1.7 is worth a look.
:)

I have the Sigma lens you are considering and am delighted with it, often my go to walk about lens. Also a very reasonably priced lens.

I have the Sigma lens you are considering and am delighted with it, often my go to walk about lens. Also a very reasonably priced lens.
Thanks, very useful.
If I may ask, what camera and how does the balance feel?

Back