Panasonic TZ70 no longer available ? What is the current equivalent ?

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
I have had one Panasonic TZ60 and two TZ70s since 2015 and have been pleased with them.
I always buy Panasonic cameras partly because they will display pics and videos I have taken with my previous Panasonic cameras dating back to my original TZ5 !
The thing is Panasonic appear to have stopped producing the TZ70 as nobody seems to have them in stock. Does anyone know if they have actually stopped producing them, and if so what the equivalent model now is ?
I assumed the TZ80 was the replacement model but I cannot even find one of those anywhere on Amazon (I have an Amazon voucher for £214 for when they said they could not repair my TZ70 !)
Thanks

Last edited:
A quick look shows the spec similar to my TZ80 (although I couldnt find all the details) I found mine new a few months back in a camera shop. Have you tired WEX or MPB?

The current model is the TZ95. You'll be lucky to find any of the previous models in 'new' stock given that they are over seen years old.

Thanks for your input.
A slight issue is that Amazon's product insurer "Protect Your Bubble" have offered me a £214 Amazon voucher. This was because their repairer said they could not mend my TZ70, though I do not know why, it was only dirt in the lens assembly (plus a noisy zoom) !

Has the price of cameras gone through the roof since Dec 21 or something ? My TZ70 "only" cost me £214 then and now even second hand ones on CEX (and not even A grade) are £150 !

Last edited:
The current model is the TZ95. You'll be lucky to find any of the previous models in 'new' stock given that they are over seen years old.
They seem to be selling for £400 plus !
As I mentioned above my TZ70 "only" cost me £214 two years ago......
Good job I bought the TZ70 with an extended warranty ! It's already been repaired once (back in Feb this year), mind you I do give my cameras some hammer, every camera I have ever had has needed repairing at least once in the three years of the extended warranties.

I have the TZ 95 by Panasonic. Only one drawback is it is slow to focus ( in aff mode not checked the other modes) when doing videos. The next model up the tz100? has a 1" sensor but no articulated screen

Last edited:
It's worth checking the official Panasonic shop on ebay.

The TZ60 is the same with a higher pixel count. (I have both, bought the TZ70 as I thought it would have less noise, in reality the TZ60's images are better)

...and yet sadly unavailable.

Otherwise that would have been ideal.

Why would you do that if you are shopping with an Amazon voucher?
I suppose I could bank the voucher and spend it on something else.
I would have preferred to get another TZ70, or similar (c/w 3 year extended warranty ! ), but if they're unavailable my 10 year old came up with a good idea (indirectly). He said "if it's just got some dirt in the lens why don't you mend it Dad", well I don't really want to attempt it, but he has given me the idea of seeing if anyone local could do it. The zoom is a bit noisy as well, and sounds like it's about to fail, but it's done that for many months and it's still going !

If you are happy enough 'banking' the voucher there are plenty of options out there, But I'd suggest a little investment and upgrading to at least the TZ80 if not the 90.

There are new TZ70's to be had on Amazon if you look carefully BUT like most new 'old' equipment, it perversely becomes more expensive as the new copies become few and far between.

The repair option : I phoned Premier Electronic Services who said the cost would depend on if it was a CCD clean or if it was in the lens.
If it was in the CCD it'd "only" be £48, but if it was in the lens it'd be a big job, two hours labour or more, so £100 to £120. I think it is in the lens as it only seems to appear on full zoom, thus I can see now why the insurers repairer did not really want to get into it. They may well just get a flat fee per job ?
Since the issue only appears on full zoom which is only a small proportion of the pics I take (and often the small splodge can be edited out later) I am tempted to just keep using it and bank the Amazon voucher !

The repair option : I phoned Premier Electronic Services who said the cost would depend on if it was a CCD clean or if it was in the lens.
If it was in the CCD it'd "only" be £48, but if it was in the lens it'd be a big job, two hours labour or more, so £100 to £120. I think it is in the lens as it only seems to appear on full zoom, thus I can see now why the insurers repairer did not really want to get into it. They may well just get a flat fee per job ?
Since the issue only appears on full zoom which is only a small proportion of the pics I take (and often the small splodge can be edited out later) I am tempted to just keep using it and bank the Amazon voucher !

That would give you time to look for the ideal replacement too.

Back