Critique Panorama of Ashbourne

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

As a bit of a lockdown project i've been learning how to make HDR panoramas by taking AEB shots with my DJI Mini2 & Merging the raw files in Lightroom. I'd like to have a canvas print of one once i get one I'm happy with.

Both of the below have been edited in a similar way ( HDR Panorama merge in light room , play with the main sliders , a little noise reduction then a graduated filter on the sky )

I'm happier with the detail in yesterdays pano but its so wide that I wont be able to get it printed easily. Todays one is an attempt to go taller & it more feasible for getting a print but going taller still would give more options.

Todays https://photos.app.goo.gl/H57ptEHtpWQhfb2P6
h4524toXaQ98d5HCD2STlDTLH_ZplFpthmUOricKJDpc7IOh2frYH8Logq_pFoBUXpnRAGbYjOs7CLhaHYZ9fSt5nJ94ifOhAjYqB_y6dAhxDf3UJZV4iHJh1FuasA5p8yT2egKE-GU=w2400

Yesterdays https://photos.app.goo.gl/puXndjS74LUb9xqL6
UHJxWGJBNnNWgcDuVBwni0HYCm_7fWE8dydaML9GxTsRuyB4ZjdZN94GHWAuFGPG0ggy6Szw7RtoPzxhJCKyntI5WkhDdG9joZ9KB5tiUi56F53-Ntg-vBytZBYQnOA2B5-wkQ3U8W8=w2400

Does anyone here have any constructive crit on how to improve these?

Thanks

Adam

Last edited:
Hi Adan
My suggestion is to show us the pictures I am not a fan of a link and have not clicked on it and will not

I prefer the top one composition-wise. It looks underexposed to me though, so could you add about 1/2 a stop overall and reduce the highlights?

Or try opening up the shadows only?

Or use the grad filter on the sky to reduce the exposure there and then open up the whole image by (about) half a stop?

Or, wait for a sunny day and have another go?

I prefer the top one composition-wise. It looks underexposed to me though, so could you add about 1/2 a stop overall and reduce the highlights?

Or try opening up the shadows only?

Or use the grad filter on the sky to reduce the exposure there and then open up the whole image by (about) half a stop?

Or, wait for a sunny day and have another go?

Thanks for the pointers. I've just had a play lifting the exposure until the histogram looked a bit more full and i think it helps.

I agree i need to do this again on a sunnier day although these seem good enough to practice my editing skills on :)

j-1HSGrLCijbxpoBsxH7Srem-rTcZRJ_2RTKz9LUd78vtrzonVKflYh_KKPwYoi3-RZ5UXwOGGAY5gFA_QJEYjp-p96GpO6SrGjerUuNMYv0ohDln1FrD8nblQbor4d3I8UqlkeQk4Q=w2400

I am not sure it will print well with very bright pure white sections in the sky and relatively dark foreground.

My main issue though, and this comes with a lot of stitched ultra wide images is the extreme distortion and things that would be straight appear curved. Look at the football pitch and the lines in the second shot. It is pretty extreme.

I've had a few more attempts and todays weather was a bit better.

I've tried to go a bit less wide on this one and also avoided taking multiple rows of the ground which seems to have reduced the ultra-wide perspective distortion.

qFqYGVPvV2QxXhZjth8QykW1h2M4XA64kZUD85pxtBptLW3T_KZGmCYjTUPzFVK_0sAmd893mY6-bsNHLTcNu_TDI8HBT-KaZ8Qq86PrPKZvSwF1VtTt39t41fiewj6uxb113HVCiHs=w2400

Back