Panorama - Windermere & Langdales from Orrest Head

Edit My Images
Yes
Took this a few weeks ago, lovely view from Orrest Head (walk from adjacent Winderemere train station), across Lake Windermere towards the Langdales.
Langdales-from-Orrest-Head.jpg

Taken with my trusty Canon Powershot A620, I find DSLR's a little bulky/heavy when out walking, the A620 gives very reasonable results, whilst being light weight. Used Panorama Plus 2, which is so easy to use, producing what I think are very good results, see what you think.:)

That's a lovely view, and the composition is super. The colours look a little flat to me, though. Was it one of those typical grey Lakeland days?

Hi thanks for your comments, it was a lovely day, but hazy sunshine, the sky wasn't particularly blue, have tried to increase saturation in photoshop & add a polarising filter per Digital Camera Mag Sept 06, also high pass filter sharpening per same mag Nov 06, please feel free to play with the image, the A620's convenient, but obviously lacks the RAW option, shall return though with my 30D soon. This was 4 images stitched together, can't praise Panorama Plus ver 2 high enough, I can never detect where the images join, you just load in the images, any order, then hit the Go button, outputs in TIFF.
I've printed this out about 600mm wide, looks great, can't stop looking at it wishing I was walking the Langdales.
Kevin :)

Great panoramic Shot Kevin, like you say, really makes you want to be there. I took th eliberty of having a play, don't know if this is any closer, some contrast masking, sharpening and saturation, aswell as contrast adjustment. Just a rough play, not easy on the smaller versions we can post here.

Langdales-from-Orrest-Headedit1.jpg

Thanks for that, does look better, more punch to it.
If you want an original copy for yourself to edit I can email it.
Regards Kevin :)

Nicely done :)

I prefer the original to the edit.

Back