Panoramas - I am a sucker for them...

Name
Nick / Sectionate
Edit My Images
No
And thought I would share a few with you! I know there are some people on here who aren't to keen, but then again, I like them as they add a different dimension to it all...

But here are a few of my favourite ones...

Liverpool:

4876884924_7bf7b95d49_z.jpg

Harbour Island, The Bahamas:

4876274793_8c823e06fe_z.jpg

And an old Victorian Hospital, mid demolition (now who can guess it and spot it was made from two different sets of photos, ahem lol :p )

4876884376_656be8ed8d_z.jpg

I love panoramas too. You have some great work there Nick.

Have yet to do multiple rows though, but thats my next project. Have a client who wants a pano of her garden, bearing in mind she lives out in the countryside 3/4 of it as countryside.

She wants to hang it and has decided the size she wants (42" x 12") so I just need to be able to work out the aspect when shooting. Any ideas would eb welcomed, especially on multiple row panos.

I love panoramas too. You have some great work there Nick.

Have yet to do multiple rows though, but thats my next project. Have a client who wants a pano of her garden, bearing in mind she lives out in the countryside 3/4 of it as countryside.

She wants to hang it and has decided the size she wants (42" x 12") so I just need to be able to work out the aspect when shooting. Any ideas would eb welcomed, especially on multiple row panos.

Cheers, I do love making them as they are fun and quick, and look good on the wall! I really want to get out into the sticks and make some more...

You could try taking it massively oversized and reduce/crop it down to the size you need? My only suggestion is shooting in portrait, but I guess you know that lol

Shooting portrait is the way to go for sure.

I'll have to experiment with the mutli rows though to get the right aspect.

Your right about them looking good on the walls

Shooting portrait is the way to go for sure.

I'll have to experiment with the mutli rows though to get the right aspect.

Your right about them looking good on the walls

Experimentation is the only way, and trying to get the light even across the entire image is difficult (something I am still learning).

I have two on my wall, and love them!

i like that second one a lot. Not usually a fan of panoramas but i really like that one.(y)

Heres the panorama I took for the countryside property of a friend of mine.
Two rows of 5 pics put through photoshop.
Printed to 42" x 12" by The Colour Space in Brighton. Fantastic service and very friendly too.

http://flic.kr/p/8wXnbw

Last edited:
I too love panoramic shots.
The first one is my favourite, love the sky in the second. Don't really like the last though, the colours are just too messed up imo.

I did a 360 degree pano at Dartmoor before, a lot of shots merged together, photoshop struggled to say the least! :LOL:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3774/18428771.jpg (resized from 200mp to 2mp :D)

I love them myself, number two is ace (y)
Not keen on the far right of number one and the chimo spoils the last, still good to see though. :clap:

Secionate

Thats a nice image too.

I'm just waiting for the framer to frame the image and it'll be hung on their wall. Hopefully get some other work out of it too. All in all just under £100 for the lot which isn't too bad.

Thats the problem. Mind you, having a custom made frame is a great idea. Get top choose how wide, mount size and colour, plus its not overly expensive, especially when someone else is paying the bill!

Another couple from me. Spent last week in the Yorkshire Dales and theres only one real way to photograph the places and thats by Panorama :)

http://flic.kr/p/8ALQD7

http://flic.kr/p/8AHJKv

Both optimised for printing to 42" x 12" at 700 px on Innova Fibaprint Ultra Smooth Gloss 285gsm Archival paper!

Excellent pictures, you have certainly mastered the technique, Number 2 is excellent, the cloud looks brilliant.

Thanks Kmac. Just processing the others now. One of the problems with Pano's, they take so long to process!!! Not been doing them long, but learning all the time.

All the ones I have taken so far have been handheld, some multirow and others single row.

I shoot panos sometimes and all i do is just take a photo about as far down as i want to go then take one up from it with some overlap then take another up from that etc, move to the right then take 3 more up and down and so on. No tripod needed and no problems with software putting them together. It don't have to be in portrait mode...

Great tip about stitching portrait shots horizontally - I never would have thought of that. Thanks.

Back