Beginner Pansonic GF7 vs rx100 m3/m4

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Just wondering which would be the better camera between these? I can get the gf7 for around £200 the m3 for around £400 used if i am very lucky.

Is the m3 £200 more of a camera?

Thanks

I don't have the answer but do have lots of questions! What are you going to be using it for? Is this a compact camera for travelling light or your main camera? The big advantage of the GF7 is the interchangeable lens range that m4/3 offers but does the price include a lens to start with? The sensor is also a little bigger than the sony so should have more potential with the right lens fitted. But no viewfinder... Even with the pancake kit zoom lens fitted I suspect the Panasonic is quite a lot bigger.

Last edited:
I never liked my GM1 (smaller version of the GF) as a carry everyday camera, even with the 12-32mm lens. The smaller M43 bodies are great to have with a prime when you've got a large zoom on another m43 body. The RX range was just easier to have as an everyday camera. It really depends on what you want, but I wanted something that was a true point and shoot and the RX100 does it with less complication.

I don't have the answer but do have lots of questions! What are you going to be using it for? Is this a compact camera for travelling light or your main camera? The big advantage of the GF7 is the interchangeable lens range that m4/3 offers but does the price include a lens to start with? The sensor is also a little bigger than the sony so should have more potential with the right lens fitted. But no viewfinder... Even with the pancake kit zoom lens fitted I suspect the Panasonic is quite a lot bigger.

Hi ,

I would like to shoot landscapes , architecture, street photography and people, selfies and just nice stuff i see when out and about. I also love night photography of buildings , streets, cityscapes etc.

Hi ,

I would like to shoot landscapes , architecture, street photography and people, selfies and just nice stuff i see when out and about. I also love night photography of buildings , streets, cityscapes etc.

Does the GF7 come with a lens?

It depends on if you want something pocketable, the Sony is, the Panny isn't but it does have a larger sensor so image quality should be better and you can change the lenses.

Back