1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It is with deepest regret that we announce the passing of one of our long-standing members, Gary Coyle.
    Many visitors will recognise both his work as a sports photographer, and his name as a prominent community member. He registered with Talk Photography back in 2006, not long after the start of the site and has been a regular contributor since.

It goes without saying that Gary will be sorely missed by many members, and his passing is a huge loss to the photography community.

Our thoughts are with his family at this time.

Funeral details :
    Dewsbury Crematorium
    Tuesday 13th September 2016 at 2pm.
    Afterwards at Batley IDLC (Batley Nash).
    All welcome.

There is also a discussion thread here if anyone wishes to add their own thoughts.

The Mod Team

Dismiss Notice
  1. harrehk

harrehk

Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi, I'm kinda new to the whole Photography scene, but I've been interested in it for a while. Anyway while talking about buying a fairly cheap film camera to start off with, I was told that we have a "brand new" camera laying around house.
    It's a Pantium DL100 and its never been used. I cant really find much info on it, most links on Google point to people trying to sell their camera.
    What I wanted to ask was, is this a good camera, and if not can anyone recommend any good alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

2. Quoth, the Raven

Quoth, the Raven

Name:
    Kevin
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Welcome.

As you say, not a lot on the net. This might be of interest - seems to be trading on some sort of rip-off of names.

No harm in giving it a go for the cost of a roll of film.

3. harrehk

harrehk

Edit My Images:
    No
    Saw that earlier, kinda skimmed it and didn't really understand it.
    Now I do though!
    Yeah, I think I will at least try it out, if its not great/I dont like it, I might just take it down to a second hand camera store and work out some sort of swap.

Thanks for the welcome and help!