Beginner Paper background

Name
Philip Procter
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a material white background and thinking would paper one be better and best place to get it from?

Why do you think that? What problems with your material background have you observed? Or what problems do you suspect might occur?

I just use a vinyl roll. It’s wipe clean and doesn’t crease/crumple like paper. Have also projected movies onto it!

I just use a vinyl roll. It’s wipe clean and doesn’t crease/crumple like paper. Have also projected movies onto it!
Do low key one work with vinyl?

By "Low key", do you mean black?
If so then they do work, but not well. Cloth is much better.
Thanks for that Garry I will keep the black and just get a white vinyl one i think

See a vinyl one with a Matt black other side on it which am looking a on amazon for £75 for a 2M by 5M

I used to use the colourama paper rolls, 2.7m wide by about 11 or 12m long. The advantages were you could cut off the dirty part and it didn't crease up as I had a dedicated room with wall mounted hanging system.
Just under £50 a roll

But it depends what you use it for. I also have one of the portable pop up systems, similar to this, but obviously smaller
https://www.wexphotovideo.com/lasto...ible-knitted-background-whitemid-grey-1026357

Paper has several advantages over material, in that it doesn't crease and there is no visible texture or weave.

As to where to buy it, just google around, generally available in about 3 or 4 widths and 2 or 3 lengths dependant upon your application and what you need.

I get through lots of rolls, and whilst I do have preferred suppliers, if I am not in a major hurry I can usually find a deal, 3 for 2, second one half price etc.

castle hill crafts if you're just buying one or two rolls

creativity backgrounds have a 4 for the price of 3 offer so good for bigger orders

make sure to store them vertically
make sure you've got some 'A' spring clamps to stop them unwinding themselves off your background stand
if you're going for a full 'scoop' you'll need the wider width to be able to shoot landscape, and you'll need a hard floor (not carpet), and gaffer tape to secure it down

Back