paper size for printer

Edit My Images
No
Hey everyone

If I was printing for example 10" x 8" photos, would I just buy that size and buy a printer that prints that size?

It may seem like a silly question!

Thanks

No, you would buy A4 paper and a trimmer and set the printer to print 10"x 8"

Or learn to like A4 pictures and have an easy life. Moving from A4 to A3 to A2 as circumstances dictate is much easier than going from 10 x 8 to whatever the next size up is in the old Imperial sequence.

I cant see any reason not to buy 10x8 cut sheets IF your printer can print right to the edge, and/or you want a white border around them.

Other wise, yes, A4 will be needed so you have some bleed to cut in to.

This is applicable to any size if your printer doesn't print borderless.

The only outlet I can find for 8 x 10 Photo ink jet paper this side of the pond is on Amazon. UK site but stock comes from US . 8 x 10 is a standard size over there but A4 seems to be the standard in UK and Europe .

I wasn't trying to be "clever" when asking if you could buy 10x8 paper. Even though, it appears, that it's possible it restricts your choice of available papers. I crop my photos to get the optimum composition, print on suitably sized paper, then cut my own mount to suit. Restricting yourself to available aspect ratios is unlikely to result in the best result.

You can use standard size frames just cut the mount to fit the frame and image. If you don't fancy cutting the mount yourself most framers will do it for you

10x8 paper is readily available from most, if not all, of the quality retailers like fotospeed.

Back