Paper Size

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

Been looking at photo paper sizes and cant seem to find 8"x6". Is this size available or do you simply print on a bigger size and cut it down?

Can anyone recommend a good paper supplier for printing at home ?

Thanks
Craig (y)

8x6 is not a "normal" paper size.

6x4, 7x5, A4, A3, A3+ etc are the sizes you get.

what kind of paper/printer you print with? makes it easier to suggest a supplier

So far i have only got some ilford A3 smooth pearl. Only had the printer a few weeks so havent ventured to far into paper as yet.

Im starting to think that a Lab might be the way to go for most print sizes .

Sorry, 6x8" is actually a proper photographic size - historically. You then move on to 10x8" and 12x8". Obviously inkjet printing is another matter, and it's introduction and widespread useage has corrupted what was considered normal photographic formats.

its not a size you currently get in paper that I know of hence I said normal paper size so not sure why you are appologizing :shrug:

Sorry, 6x8" is actually a proper photographic size - historically. You then move on to 10x8" and 12x8". Obviously inkjet printing is another matter, and it's introduction and widespread useage has corrupted what was considered normal photographic formats.

So far i have only got some ilford A3 smooth pearl. Only had the printer a few weeks so havent ventured to far into paper as yet.

Im starting to think that a Lab might be the way to go for most print sizes .

for ilford then 7dayshop.com is a good place to buy the smooth pearl and smooth gloss. they also do canon paper and ink carts too. if youa re interested in other makes permajet, fotospeed, hahnemuhle, innova art all do test packs.

Back