parakettes in my back yard last night

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
There was about 100 of theses noisey chaps in the tree,
maybe summer is here at last?

looks like someone broke into your nearest RSPCA building :D

Inaglo yes it was and its Ramsgate kent, Marik they have been breeding down here for years, sometimes you see a flock of 200 or more, it is belived that they (10 pairs)escaped from northdown park in the early 90s

Wow, that's super cool. Bet it was a fantastic sight.

They have been coming to this tree for the last three nights, i'll try to get closer tonight,
i hope to get some better shots.

Great shot MP! I have tried several times to get pics of them on Hampsted heath in London, and very occasionally we get them here, but normally they just fly over making a huge amount of noise and not stopping! I bet the noise from that lot was horrendous, but worth it for the photo opportunity! (y)

There are a few pockets of these dotted around the South East now.

Ramsgate as you say, a friend in Lee (SE London) has them in her back garden and there's meant to be a group in Greenwich Park....

Quite incredible the numbers of them, probably become a pain in the neck like the Collar Doves, noise wise that is so monotonous.

We have a pair of collared doves nesting in some leylandii at the back of our garden, drives the dogs nuts!! I am hoping they fledge soon then we can go back the dogs that only bark at passing blackbirds :bonk:

As for the parakeets, there are certainly plenty in nth London, round Hampstead, Highgate, Finchley, etc.

Yes , I've got loads of them near me - also in Kent. It's said though that they are taking the nesting sites of other birds and are proving to be a bit of a nuisance. They are also very noisy.:(

There was talk of a cull a while back, for the exact reason that they are forcing our native birds out.

The RPSB has some good info on them, and also state that they've now been recorded in almost every county in the UK...

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/r/ringneckedparakeet/index.asp

well I never...I thought this was going to be a bit tropical...Kent! wow! What a sight :)

Wow! id love these in my back garden, iv also seen these at a park near Windsor castle when at dogs hows there, amazing colours but yes a wee bit noisy!!!!!

Jeez I knew there were a few wild in kent but I didn't realise there were that many! :eek:

Back