Parcel delivery

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
I am waiting for a delivery via Yodel . Just spoken the the driver and he says I should with luck get it by 5.30pm.
He said I should ignore the delivery details as they are never right, and that is from someone who works for them
To me it looks as if it was on the first delivery round and now on the next. So my computer will have to wait now until tomorrow for the power unit upgrade. Now wonder that the Yodel site only has a 3 star rating out of a 5 start rating.
Depot one and a half hours away yet takes 9 hours to deliver

29/06/16 11:27 Your parcel is with one of our drivers for delivery (Maidstone home delivery)

29/06/16 08:34 Your parcel is with one of our drivers for delivery (Maidstone home delivery)

29/06/16 06:29 Your parcel has arrived at your local depot (Maidstone depot)

28/06/16 21:59 Your parcel is in transit (Wednesbury hub)

28/06/16 21:57 Your parcel is at our sort centre (Wednesbury hub)

28/06/16 00:00 Your parcel will be with us soon (Yodel)
29/06/16 11:27 Your parcel is with one of our drivers for delivery (Maidstone home delivery)

29/06/16 08:34 Your parcel is with one of our drivers for delivery (Maidstone home delivery)

Last edited:
Pita when you get "Held at Local Depot - customer to arrange delivery" as happened to me on Saturday, spoke to Amazon and got them to ask yodel to deliver on Tuesday as I was away Monday. Got home Monday to find a note - "Package left in bin" :mad:

Purely because the driver is not only delivering to you and probably has a van full of parcels to deliver along the way
before he gets to you

Last edited:
Personally I've always found yodel to be very good, guess I'm one of the lucky ones to have decent local drivers...that said I cannot remember the last time I had a delivery issue with any of the companies, I find amazons in house to be particular good even shocking me by delivering on a Sunday too

Purely because the driver is not only delivering to you and probably has a van pull of parcels to deliver along the way
before he gets to you

Exactly DPD are particular interesting to follow their tracker if your bored, amazingly once I was still 15 deliveries away and the driver was in my village, just shows how many deliveries they had in such a small area that day

Personally I've always found yodel to be very good, guess I'm one of the lucky ones to have decent local drivers...that said I cannot remember the last time I had a delivery issue with any of the companies, I find amazons in house to be particular good even shocking me by delivering on a Sunday too
In May I ordered from Amazon on a Sunday for delivery on bank holiday Monday. They should used as an example for all the other couriers.

I am waiting for a delivery via Yodel . Just spoken the the driver and he says I should with luck get it by 5.30pm.
He said I should ignore the delivery details as they are never right, and that is from someone who works for them
To me it looks as if it was on the first delivery round and now on the next. So my computer will have to wait now until tomorrow for the power unit upgrade. Now wonder that the Yodel site only has a 3 star rating out of a 5 start rating.

To me what you've pasted there looks fine (other than the fact you've duplicated it twice). The parcel arrived at your local depot this morning and is currently showing out for delivery. It's not even 5:30 yet so you didn't wait to complain. A power supply upgrade hardly sounds like a matter of life and death anyway.

One thing you should definitely ignore is those online reviews. People only use them to complain.

My wife ordered a battery from 7 Day Shop. They mailed her to say it would arrive via DPD on a particular day, and I logged into their tracking system out of curiosity. It said the courier was well, wherever he was at the time, and the package would arrive in approximately 30 minutes. Looked out of the window half an hour later as a large DPD van stopped outside...and yes, it was her delivery.

Had a delivery from Amazon on easter Sunday this year, that surprised me.

My wife ordered a battery from 7 Day Shop. They mailed her to say it would arrive via DPD on a particular day, and I logged into their tracking system out of curiosity. It said the courier was well, wherever he was at the time, and the package would arrive in approximately 30 minutes. Looked out of the window half an hour later as a large DPD van stopped outside...and yes, it was her delivery.

Mrs Nod was expecting some stuff via DPD and happened to be looking out of the window when they arrived. 2 minutes before their window opened. She went out to save them the walk but they weren't allowed to give it to her before the window time! Apparently their machines won' accept a signature before the allotted minute.

Well as I've just seen your other post from last night stating how you've upgraded your power supply I'm guessing your premature complaint was totally unnecessary.

Mrs Nod was expecting some stuff via DPD and happened to be looking out of the window when they arrived. 2 minutes before their window opened. She went out to save them the walk but they weren't allowed to give it to her before the window time! Apparently their machines won' accept a signature before the allotted minute.
doesnt surprise me. our regular DPD guy at work must pass our front door several times during the day before his time slot to drop off.

apparently their routes are generated by computer so that they can hit the guaranteed time slots.

If they get to you before the allotted window they must have been speeding - the pad would have taken a signature, but the driver wouldn't have been paid.

Back