parental control programs

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
ok lets see if anyone can help me with this one,

im trying to find a decent control program which simply prevents my little sister from going on websites apart from the ones which are allowed by the administrator (bbc.co.uk etc), im not too bothered about it controling usage, just simply preventing her from browsing google and ending up on some crazy religious american fruitcake society because its come up with 'games' has been typed into google, its just to allow sites to be controlled and if a new site is to be used, then the admin can view the site and if its suitable allow access.

the other requirement is that it shouldnt be intrusive on the other user accounts on the computer (which will be passworded) running XP home

the other thing to bear in mind is that the culprit (aged 9) is more internet savvy than her parents (my parents bless them), but even i get a little worried when i get an email from her on a social networking site which she shouldnt be on at that age!:shrug:

ive done a software search on amazon but not really pulled up much as i wont touch any software made by norton! cheap is good but as long as they work

I've used Content Protect with my two sons for a while now. You set the levels of security.
Its helped keep them from 'certain' sites that i would rather they didn't see.

Many routers will allow you to block sites.

Back