Paris by Night

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've only really shot at night the once before when I was in New York last year, but it's easily the next best thing for me after motorsport. As luck would have it I was in Paris a few weeks back, what an awesome place. Didn't have much time for personal photography but grabbed these when walking between locations.

Nikon D90, Nikon 18-200 VR (thanks lensforhire!), Nikon 50mm 1.8

421764500_8RyRg-L.jpg

421763973_qQWRU-L.jpg

421763466_82m4x-L.jpg

4. and a high ISO handheld test, ISO1250, 1/10sec...
421763127_mCwAM-L.jpg

Thankfully these mask the awful weather, was windy and very very wet, these were pretty much the only ones not covered in drops of water.

Thanks for looking, comments/criticism etc more than welcome.

Some nice ones there(y)(y)(y)

Some of the shots of the Eiffel tower are superb.
Reminds me I must book a weekend in Paris for next spring :)

Some of the shots of the Eiffel tower are superb.

The trip was for a magazine, I am lucky to be able to say, but none of the Eiffel Tower night shots were included in the finished article. Am I right in thinking that when lit, the structure is copyrighted? Shame as they were some of the better photos!

The trip was for a magazine, I am lucky to be able to say, but none of the Eiffel Tower night shots were included in the finished article. Am I right in thinking that when lit, the structure is copyrighted? Shame as they were some of the better photos!

Excellent set of images. I think that the tower is copyrighted when lit, but the opinion is that they will find it difficult to enforce the copyright. #2 is a super image. Paris is just full of fabulous images, you're lucky to get there for work.

I only had midday Saturday to midday Sunday, was a pretty challenging assignment, I definitely want to go back properly one day as it was a fabulous place. My write up is in DSLR User magazine (out tomorrow!), soooooooo exciting.

Love the shots, love Paris its a great city especially all the beautiful architecture .
Cant beat it ........(y)

Thanks for those beautiful shots :) They brought back nice memories.

Back