Paris night-time walk about

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I was out in Paris for work for a couple of days and managed to find time for a brief late night walk about some of the tourist traps in the 1st arrondissement.

A Citroen 2CV parked outside a book shop in Paris, too much stereotype for me to pass by without taking the shot!
2CV by David Walker, on Flickr

Funky Lighthouse - a distant view of the Eiffel Tower.
Funky Lighthouse 2 by David Walker, on Flickr

The Lourve - even at midnight getting a clear shot without people passing in front was frustrating! This one is a 2 shot HDR to deal with the brightness variance between the glass pyramid and the surrounding buildings.
The Lourve by David Walker, on Flickr

Pont Neuf
Pont Neuf by David Walker, on Flickr

Institute de France - setting up for this one on the Pont de Arts, ready to take the shot and this drunk old guy stumbles over to the bench, placed down his bottle of champagne and promptly falls asleep. Makes for a more interesting image imo!
Institute de France 2 by David Walker, on Flickr

Congratulations, I think they are excellent and you have captured the essence of a beautiful city.
The pyramid at the Louvre is stunning

I was there for my wife's 50th and took some night-time shots too, sadly only handheld and on a more noisy DX sensor so while nice they are not nearly as nice as these

Makes me want to go back if only for photos - without the wife lol

Dave
I have noticed exactly the same negative correlation between the standard of my photos and the number of family member I have with me. :LOL:

Best - Me
OK - Me + wife
Poor - Me + wife + child

The drunk guy in front of the Institute de France is one of the best street photos I've seen. I absolutely love it

I've had the privilege of travelling to Paris dozens of times with my job in the last 22 years and I find it a unique vibrant city, rich with diversity in all senses of the word. Shamefully, I've never been on a social trip yet and your photo's make be especially guilty about not taking my wife for a break there.

Great set. The shot of the Institute de France is the stand out for me.

Top tip for visitors, if you are thinking about ordering the Andouillette sausage for dinner google it first and make an informed decision. It smells of pigs @r5e5 for a reason...

I've had the privilege of travelling to Paris dozens of times with my job in the last 22 years and I find it a unique vibrant city, rich with diversity in all senses of the word. Shamefully, I've never been on a social trip yet and your photo's make be especially guilty about not taking my wife for a break there.

Great set. The shot of the Institute de France is the stand out for me.

Top tip for visitors, if you are thinking about ordering the Andouillette sausage for dinner google it first and make an informed decision. It smells of pigs @r5e5 for a reason...

All my trips have been for work too. As my work there takes me back to the same specific part of Paris it does limit are I get to explore, particularly if I am there with a colleague. When I travel alone I take my folding bike which allows me to cover a much greater area in an evening though I have not had that opportunity since my move to my travel friendly Fuji kit, hopefully soon though.

Good tip on the food, I just googled Andouillette, and just the pictures are enough to put me off!

As the above comments these look great.
The shot wth the guy takes it though.

Thought it may have been a selfie ;-)

Gaz

I like number two the best, but they are all very good.
Paris is my second day favourite city after London, your photos make me want to jump on that Eurostar.
Was there this time last July, it was rather hot and spent a lot of time on the bank of the Seine eating ice cream

Last edited:
Thank you all. The drunk photo is proving much more popular than I ever expected! I actually got a copy of it printed recently along with a few other. I have nowhere left to put any framed prints so they are still sitting in the rigid envelope they came in, but still nice to see something in print rather than on a screen for a change!

As the above comments these look great.
The shot wth the guy takes it though.

Thought it may have been a selfie ;-)

Gaz
Cheeky sod! My remote is not wireless and my facial hair is nowhere near as impressive, otherwise it could have been me. :LOL:

I like number two the best, but they are all very good.
Paris is my second day favourite city after London, your photos make me want to jump on that Eurostar.
Was there this time last July, it was rather hot and spent a lot of time on the bank of the Seine eating ice cream
Thank you kindly.
Verona is next on the list towards the end of August, then a short trip to Ulm in Germany. Portugal is looking likely now too so looking forward to exploring some new places.

I was in Paris and took pictures at night. You took great photos. The last one is the best. :D

The drunk guy in front of the Institute de France is one of the best street photos I've seen. I absolutely love it
I agree 100%, superb :)

Back