Paris suggestions

Name
Spencer
Edit My Images
Yes
Mrs OutLore and I will be heading over to Paris next month - any suggestions on some photography rich places to visit? (Aside from the normal touristy things)

We'll be travelling by public transport, so don't want to go too far from the centre of town if possible.

We're not tied to any specific photography arena, so any suggestions gratefully recieved (y)

My last trip to Paris was in a very dull November but the two things I would like to revisit are the Grande Arch de la Defense and the surrounding area - very Canary Wharf like, and Cimetière de Montmartre with all the famous and in-infamous people burried in it.

IIRC they were both easily reached by tube, the trains were a doddle to use (ticket machines have English meuu at the touch of a button) and much cheaper than taxis.

HTH

David

You have to do Tour Montparnasse, especially at night, this is a must see:

http://www.tourmontparnasse56.com/

And if you have a gorillapod or mini tripod, you'll need it for some nice long exposure shots of the Eiffel Tower

Pere Lachaise cemetery is another good place to go http://www.pere-lachaise.com/ and there was a great bar restaurant opposite that did a superb Moules et Frites

+1 for the cemetaries (easily accessable by the metro), also the catacombes are pretty spectacular (unless you dont like skeletons, of course)
http://www.catacombes-de-paris.fr/english.htm

plenty of nice hotels and shop fronts..... you won't be lacking in subject matter, that's for sure!! - above all enjoy yourself !!!

(wish i was going again now :( )

:)

years ago - but IIRC there were lovely little sidewalk cafes tucked away on the "left-bank" for candids

Using the public transport to get to each place means you only see each end of the journey, hoof it and see the things inbetween stations that most people miss. You never know what you might find (y)

Head for the back streets, such as the ones up and around the Sacre Coeur, great for old architecture and candid type shots.

Using the public transport to get to each place means you only see each end of the journey, hoof it and see the things inbetween stations that most people miss. You never know what you might find (y)

Head for the back streets, such as the ones up and around the Sacre Coeur, great for old architecture and candid type shots.

Spot on. Paris is a relatively small City. Depending where you are either use public transport to travel to the furthest place you want to start at and walk back or walk and PT back.

Paris is full of back streets with plenty going on. In the back streets you will find the local character - mostly sat drinking Ricard and smoking Galoise - as opposed to the tourist view. The 4 main train stations are impressive buildings and are lit at night.

Please watch your bags and personal things at Gare du Nord though, as in all crowded places....there are some opportunists about and may try to distract you... just be sensible :)

Back