Paris Thread

Name
Miles
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry if this already exists but i couldn't find it.

Im off to Paris next weekend and wanted to see what images other people had come up with on their visits there.

so feel free to post your favorite images of Paris, if you can name where they were taken as well that would be great!

Not being arsy... but why not just discover YOUR Paris instead of visiting places other people have? Shoot is you see it... feel it.. capture YOUR experience of it.

[edit].. just to add.. I'd be FAR more interested in YOUR interpretation of Paris if it was genuine, uninfluenced and honest... and not a pastiche of other people's ideas and styles.

Last edited:
Paris is beautiful.
Like @Pookeyhead says, find your Paris. The major sites have been so photographed.
Like London, its always worth looking up to see some unspoilt architecture.

thats a fair comment and I agree, I'm not looking to replicate other peoples images. Just wanted to see what was about and see how other people have photographed the city.

Coincidentally, I'm headed to Paris next weekend as well. I've been many times in the past and always found the city really inspirational for taking photos. This time however, I'm hoping to plan a bit better and try and access some 'not-your-typical-Paris-photo' places. Let's see what happens :)

I went to Paris last month (the week after the attacks, and the same weekend as the Eurostar fire), and these are my favourite shots from my trip. Try and avoid just sticking to the iconic Parisian shots such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and the Acr De Triomphe, and look for smaller detail shots as you walk around the city too :)

These are my favourite from my trip:

Street lights outside the Nortre Dame

Scooter

Bicycle and scooter

View from the middle floor of the Eiffel Tower

Moulin Rouge at night

Coincidentally, I'm headed to Paris next weekend as well. I've been many times in the past and always found the city really inspirational for taking photos. This time however, I'm hoping to plan a bit better and try and access some 'not-your-typical-Paris-photo' places. Let's see what happens :)
Have fun! make sure you post up your pics!

I went to Paris last month (the week after the attacks, and the same weekend as the Eurostar fire), and these are my favourite shots from my trip. Try and avoid just sticking to the iconic Parisian shots such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and the Acr De Triomphe, and look for smaller detail shots as you walk around the city too :)

These are my favourite from my trip:

View from the middle floor of the Eiffel Tower

Love this image!

Arrive.

Check in to your hotel, grab some lunch or whatever

Go buy an A to Z

Close your eyes... flick through the pages at random and stop at random

With your eyes still closed... stab the page with your finger.

open your eyes and say "I'm going here".

Another interesting idea is the "Process" approach. Decide a starting point and then discover the city by a process... perhaps "For every left turn I make I have to make two right turns immediately afterwards" and then stick to those rules. See where it takes you.

Who cares what anyone else shot?

If you like modern architecture hop on the metro to la defense ( the financial district) you can see it from the arc de triomophe, lots of modern buildings, sculpture and some little parks.

spent 4 days there last March. Pictures every where Place de Voges, St Germain, Jewish quarter. stay away from the cliches our go there and look for a different slant.
enjoy

Start at the Jardin de Plantes and walk the river as far as the Eiffel Tower then cross over the river and do the other side ending up opposite the Jardin.

Take photo's all the way.

(btw my avatar is at the Jardin de Plantes before setting off)

Thanks for all the helpful replies guys. I'm looking forward to it now. I want to get some interesting and not obviously touristy photos but I will innevitably shoot some of the Eiffel tower etc,it would seem a waste not to!

Back