Paris

Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few shots from my trip to Paris.

Full album here - Paris

All shot handheld as couldn't take my tripod (was a business trip). I didn't have much time to shoot at each location as I was with a group of colleagues, so didn't want them to waiting around for me. These are the best of the bunch.

Any feedback welcome as it was my first time shooting solely in M mode at night.

Eiffel 18 by kyle.s, on Flickr

Eiffel 17 by kyle.s, on Flickr

Eiffel 4 by kyle.s, on Flickr

Eiffel 15 by kyle.s, on Flickr

Eiffel 14 by kyle.s, on Flickr

Eiffel 12 by kyle.s, on Flickr

Stunning photos.

I was there last week too and it was very dull and wet most days, so my photos look rather flat. You have a lovely set of images there and seeing Paris at night when everything is lit up makes them all the more special.

Thanks ecniv and lucyb.

It was grey and wet during the day for me too, but was there for work, so was tied up all day, and only got into the city at night. Was lovely to walk around with everything lit up though. It really is a beautiful city at night.

Lovely set of photos, i'd be well pleased with them, especially like 10 & 11 of the louvre.

Thanks Nick.
I took more but lots were blurred. This was the best of the bunch. Will be taking the tripod next time that is for sure!!!

really lovely pictures mate, only thing i would alter would be no 15 & 16 just straightening the lines up

Nicely done Kyle.

The Louvre pics, especially 11, are excellent.

I would remove the blue streak in 6 to make it even better.

Cheers

Trevor

Thanks.

I had a quick go at removing the streak in #6 in Lightroom, but couldn't make the sky look uniform, so gave up. Stupid Eiffel Tower lights. :LOL:

really lovely pictures mate, only thing i would alter would be no 15 & 16 just straightening the lines up

Thanks.
I did have a go at straightening but it made them look wonky in another way. Unfortunately it was just my choice of position for the photo. Doesn't help it is on a really busy roundabout either. I would spent more time composing the shot but this was at the end of a 3 hour walk with about 8 other guys, and they were getting bored with me taking loads of pics. :D

Some great pics there, the first and the last on your first post are my favs. The first is great with the people at the front, it just makes it "real".

The best place to get pics of the city though are at the top of the Arc de Triomphe, as you can see over allmost all the city, but can get the Eifel tower in the shot! Also the Latin quarter has some great illuminations.

Some great pics there, the first and the last on your first post are my favs. The first is great with the people at the front, it just makes it "real".

The best place to get pics of the city though are at the top of the Arc de Triomphe, as you can see over allmost all the city, but can get the Eifel tower in the shot! Also the Latin quarter has some great illuminations.

Great set. Thanks for sharing.

Brings back good memories. Thank you for posting. Lovely set.

A really great set of Shots .... nicely caught

Thanks chaps. Comments greatly appreciated.

Nobody seems to have mentioned the architectural detail shots. These are me favourite of the set, having seen the landmarks loads of times. But the detail shots are better than the naked eye can resolve on location, and really add to the appreciation of the structures themselves. Nice.

Nobody seems to have mentioned the architectural detail shots. These are me favourite of the set, having seen the landmarks loads of times. But the detail shots are better than the naked eye can resolve on location, and really add to the appreciation of the structures themselves. Nice.

Thanks very much!
#4 and #5 were two of my favourites.

Great set love 6 & 9

Back