Paris

Edit My Images
Yes
After asking for advice on the good TP forum, i've had great fun photographing Paris.

Went to Eiffel tower and Tour Montmartre on two nights when I was free, to be able to capture a lot of sunset shots and night time views. Then went to Sacre Coeur, the Catacombes, and finally Louvre. Unfortunately had to hurry back on Saturday evening.

After a week of post processing bits when I'm free, I've finally picked my favourites. Now hoping for some constructive criticism.

Paris by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Fancy lamp post by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Sunset over Paris by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Sacré Cœur by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Bones and skulls by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Louve, old and new by wuyanxu, on Flickr

More in this flickr set.

Comments and constructive criticism are very welcome.

thanks for viewing.

Nice consistent set of images I would probably straighten the horizons in 1, 3 and 6 and try and bring out a bit more of the foreground in 3, but these are all minor improvements.

Nice consistent set of images I would probably straighten the horizons in 1, 3 and 6 and try and bring out a bit more of the foreground in 3, but these are all minor improvements.

I agree with the above

Lovely set Wuyan.

Also agree.

1 - Lovely exposure, just needs some rotation I think?
2- Love the angle - great sky
3- Excellent, just a slight rotation I think?
4- Nice comp and sky, a little wonky?
5- Excellent use of DOF, really nice
6- Interesting image, I don't feel the Comp works here as the new cuts into the old too much.

Nice set.

thanks everyone for the feedback, 3 was also my favourite.

yes, you are right 1 and 3 do need slight rotation, not sure how i missed that! not sure how to straighten 6 though?

#3's foreground has already been bought forward by increasing value in shadows slider. would HDR shot be better that that time? i gave it a try but the clouds didn't really match up because i wasn't fast enough at adjusting exposure. the attempt is in my flickr account.

1 - Lovely exposure, just needs some rotation I think?
2- Love the angle - great sky
3- Excellent, just a slight rotation I think?
4- Nice comp and sky, a little wonky?
5- Excellent use of DOF, really nice
6- Interesting image, I don't feel the Comp works here as the new cuts into the old too much.

Nice set.

for #4, you reckon it could do with slight anticlockwise rotation to fix the wonkiness? i thought it's cos of the wide angle shooting up hill.
for #6, if there had been more reflecting on the glass surface, do you think the composition would work?

#1 - looks wonky, but I think that's in part because the view up the park is off-centre but not enough off-centre and this exagerates the effect, because Tour Montparnasse looks reasonable straight - maybe a degree or two off. I'd try rotating it a bit it and see what happens.

#3 - great view from Tour Montparnasse. The Tour Eiffel looks a wee bit squint (it almost always does unless shot exactly square-on) and as it's the dominant architectural feature a touch of ant-clockwise rotation might help? I'd also be tempted to crop to something around 16:9, give the Tour Eiffel a little open space at the bottom by cropping off the domed building, and then shving down the sky a little. Really throw the sun and the Tour Eiffel into the viewers focus.

#5 - love it, the sort of thing to have as your desktop background to spook the boss!

1. Good, but the marginally off centre angle is slightly annoying. Shame, otherwise, it would be bang on
2. Great, lots of detail, rich interesting sky and not blown.
3. You dont need me to say thats amazing
4. I'd have put the building off centre, but more centre than that myself, but its got a nice natural feel to it, its a tad dark, but not massively so.
5. Lovely. but a mono may be better again
6. Nice mix of old and new, great work

how about this for #1 and #3 now?

main.php

main.php

Steve, good spot on #4, increasing exposure by 1/3 looks slightly better. thanks!

Back