Park Cameras - Good Experience

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
So I had a lens to sell and decided to try another well known buyer, where I received a well below par offer.
Someone here had mentioned selling to Park Cameras so I thought I would see what they would do and sure enough I got a good offer for the lens, with free pick-up.
The lens was collected on Friday, receipt of the lens was confirmed on Monday and the money went into my bank this morning (Wednesday).
So I am very happy to recommend Park Cameras for anyone with equipment to sell. :)

Park have been great for me also . I also think the obvious choice for selling second hand to is now by far the worst with their valuations
Don’t you think that sometimes what is offered may depend on how many the buyer has in stock rather than some absolute value?

I recently used Park to upgrade my G85 to a G9. They simultaneously had the cheapest G9 and the best offer for my G85. I received the G9 with next day delivery on a Sunday even though that's not what I paid for, and I received the funds a day after they received the G85.

Very happy.

Don’t you think that sometimes what is offered may depend on how many the buyer has in stock rather than some absolute value?
Don't think was was the case for me. :)

Don't think was was the case for me. :)
Definitely not saying it was and it’s good when people report good experiences since reports tend towards the bad ones for obvious reasons.

I was just making a general observation. The ‘right price’ is subject to all sorts of factors. A well known S/H dealer has outlets in EU & US and I’ve often wondered if they trade partly on the relative popularity of brands in different marketplaces :).

Better than my experience with them. Ordered something in October. Initially told I'd get it in November. Absolutely no contact from them (they have my money) until I contacted them in January. Barely even an apology just a new date, that date passed and absolutely no communication again. Contacted them again yesterday and the same again, barely an apology and just a new date.

They've had my money for 4 months and that's all they're doing, absolute joke.

A well known S/H dealer has outlets in EU & US and I’ve often wondered if they trade partly on the relative popularity of brands in different marketplaces :).
May be so, I've used them too and given my responses ... this was my first time with Park and just recording how well it went.
IMO it's good to review options. :)

Better than my experience with them. Ordered something in October. Initially told I'd get it in November. Absolutely no contact from them (they have my money) until I contacted them in January. Barely even an apology just a new date, that date passed and absolutely no communication again. Contacted them again yesterday and the same again, barely an apology and just a new date.

They've had my money for 4 months and that's all they're doing, absolute joke.
Can't you cancel and get your money back?
Not being able to get products is something we will need to get used to soon methinks!

I would second that.
I have sent a whole heap of equipment to them over the last couple of weeks - most of it advertised on here first.
They have honoured the estimates and paid promptly.
By comparison the values were appreciably higher than those offered by MPB.

May be so, I've used them too and given my responses ... this was my first time with Park and just recording how well it went.
IMO it's good to review options. :)
I feel my posting is detracting from your good experience which wasn’t my intention. Sorry!

I would second that.
I have sent a whole heap of equipment to them over the last couple of weeks - most of it advertised on here first.
They have honoured the estimates and paid promptly.
By comparison the values were appreciably higher than those offered by MPB.
With the exception of a Canon G16, I have always found their offers to be the lowest and I always asked LCE [one particular branch that knows me], MPB, Clifton, Park, Mifsuds. Now I send my stuff to Ffordes - nothing big at this point but it has made me 500 + on stuff that I did not use - none of the above wanted it. It isn't quick but it is fair.

With the exception of a Canon G16, I have always found their offers to be the lowest and I always asked LCE [one particular branch that knows me], MPB, Clifton, Park, Mifsuds. Now I send my stuff to Ffordes - nothing big at this point but it has made me 500 + on stuff that I did not use - none of the above wanted it. It isn't quick but it is fair.
I guess the moral is don’t rely on one quote!

That's true I'm sure and probably explains it

I have been selling a fair bit of Canon kit recently, On my 400mm f4 DO lens Park Cameras were over £1000 lower than MPB!
To balance that they were higher than MPB and Wex for my R5 and some R lenses.
It really does seem to pay to shop around.
The service from Park cameras and MPB has been good.

I have been selling a fair bit of Canon kit recently, On my 400mm f4 DO lens Park Cameras were over £1000 lower than MPB!
To balance that they were higher than MPB and Wex for my R5 and some R lenses.
It really does seem to pay to shop around.
The service from Park cameras and MPB has been good.
I agree.
The last thing I sent to Park was an Irix 11mm f4 Blackstone lens. Valuation by Park almost double that of MPB.

Back