Park Cameras, is it worth the 1.5hr trip?

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
The store is around 1.5 hours away, is it worth taking a trip there so have a look around. Even if im not planning on buying just yet?

ie, will they let me play with some stuff and generally be helpful?

I used Parks a couple of times. Once was a weekday, and once during a saturday.

The saturday was too hectic IMO, couldn`t get seen by anybody I got fed up and walked out.

During the week however, it was totally different. Felt very welcomed, played with all the kit I wanted to and walked out with a very well priced used 100-400mm.

There seemed to be quite a shortage of kit on display when I last went (just after christmas) so I`d say if you`re thinking of going, phone them first t make sure they`ve got what you`re looking for.

Park are good, Sundays are relaxed lots of gear out and knowledgible staff who all seem to be keen photographers, and happy to give honest and sensible advice...

Just thought I would throw in a curve ball here.

Why not get a train up to London, there is a good size Jacobs and a large Jessops opposite each other, both near Tottenham Court road as well.

Wish Parks were near enough me to visit.
Used them plenty times by phone and web.
Excellent service.

Parks is brilliant, i have been to London and visited some of the big stores and none are a patch on parks. I am slightly biased as it is my local shop, (well 40min drive), but it is stocked full and everything is tryable, was even allowed to take a walk with a 5D mkII when they weren't busy.
Service can get a bit patchy if it is really busy, but during the week, this is rarely a problem. It is certainly better than Jessops, where service is lacking even when your the only person in the shop!
Great place, just a shame they don't have a large second hand section.

used them several times on the phone and on the web and have been VERY happy with them

That,s really re-assuring as i think i will be ordering my canon 50D from them shortly.:)

i almost got ripped off by parks camera. i ended up having to go to the store to sort out the problem and then almost got ripped off even more. Finally in the end got the camera i asked for for £10 less.

So going in person for 2nd is a good idea. brand new go to a local store then make your order with parks

They are good guys there, they did mess up an order for me once (sent me a 12-24 rather than 14-24!) but I went there to swap them and they gave me a free CF card so all ended well

Sent them an e-mail yesterday,they never answered,lost business for them.:thinking:

Sent them an e-mail yesterday,they never answered,lost business for them.:thinking:

Sorry, I do not understand this mentality, you email them on their busiest day of the week, then when they do not answer immediately you walk away saying it is their fault and cannot wait, if it is that urgent pick up the phone and ring them.

Well i e-mailed them yesterday morning,so they have had all weekend to answer,not a way to run a business.:nono:
never said anything about fault or answering imediately or that it was urgent,people add things.

Last edited:
Back