Park Cameras

forget that, the advertising is a little misleading... Have to pay £549 today and then claim then £50 back later...

FWIW, I have used their Burgess Hill shop - mostly when I lived down that way.

Prices nothing special at the time but I wanted a shop in which I could build a good working relationship.

On second look, they have it advertised wrong.

It's £549 like everyone else, and then £50 cashback.

I've ordered from Jessops as I've popped into the Meadowhall branch a few times recently to have a play with it, so seems only fair (y)

What I was getting at was that at first glance, I thought it was £499... Even on Google Shopping search results, it comes up as £499... Technically a dodgy way of advertising the price.

On balance I have found Park good but when I traded in my pristine 40D to buy my 5D3 I was miffed.

I ordered it online for collection................the first thing the guy did was check out my 40D, not a surprise I suppose but when brought out the 5D3 is was in a lens kit box with the lens removed! I asked him to please bring me one as a body only package, there were none available and none due in anytime soon :(

My beef with them was that if that kit box was the only stock they had had why did they not declare in on the website?

They tried to sweeten the deal a very small tad. If I could have waited for new stock I would have and in future I will phone an order in and make it conditional of being exactly what I expect to receive i.e. not a split kit!

I ordered it online for collection................the first thing the guy did was check out my 40D, not a surprise I suppose but when brought out the 5D3 is was in a lens kit box with the lens removed! I asked him to please bring me one as a body only package, there were none available and none due in anytime soon :( !
Reminds me that my D90 was the same, kit box but camera only. That was 2009 I think...

London branch seemed to have a bit of "attitude" last time I went in. Burgess Hill had a "new" 5D when I went down, clearly been out of the box and played with/inspected and wouldn't budge on brand new price. Didn't buy either time and I doubt I would bother visiting again. There are other better shops in my opinion.
Matt

I went to park cameras for a Nikon afs 70 to 200mm lens . First the said they didn't have one in stock. Yes the did in a display cabinet a few ft behind the counter. This was hen I pointed to it as the assistant was still playing search on their computer. Also told lenses I wanted to part exchange had dust in them. I challanged and then this chap he backed down when he realised he was not talking to a complete novice idiot not a good experience for a first time visiting customer

Last edited:
Only been there once and that was last week

Part ex deal they offered was bordering on laughable, even more outrageous when I saw the price of their used stock.
Only an off the cuff enquiry, but won't ever bother going there in the future

Back