Park life

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Some more action from my local park this afternoon. I'm not a football fan at all but I don't mind photographing it, I think they are getting better with each week but I suppose you lot will be the judge of that! :LOL:

0802_Reserves_football_179.jpg

0802_Reserves_football_150.jpg

0802_Reserves_football_172.jpg

0802_Reserves_football_128.jpg

0802_Reserves_football_087.jpg

0802_Reserves_football_084.jpg

0802_Reserves_football_069.jpg

0802_Reserves_football_178.jpg

0802_Reserves_football_181.jpg

0802_Reserves_football_203.jpg

0802_Reserves_football_207.jpg

Thanks for looking and C & C welcome as always.

Very crisp and sharp throughout Colin ... (y) ... you certainly seem to have the hang of it ... :D

Not sure they aren't lacking in action though ... :cautious: ... by which I mean some sort of movement blur on the ball or legs & arms or something to give it atmosphere and reality ... :shrug:

I guess the light was just too good right ... ;)

:p

Nice sharp shots Colin but, the leg on the right in #3 is great :LOL:

great photos - one problem - backgrounds - easy answer - get down lower (if you can)

or plan b

sometimes being much higher works (only grass in the background) - this works best when the action is close

or plan c (harder)
limit dof to get the backround out of focus

good photos though - and i don't like football

I love this set for the colours the sharpness and above all the expressions where you caught the players faces. I'm no footie fan but these make great viewing! 9 & 10 are my personal favs!

Definately getting better.

With reference to people saying a little bit of movement would be better, you are missing the point. This is not motorcylces, where 1/125 will get you movement in the wheel. Go out and buy a newspaper, you dont see the dailys selling images of Gerrard, Lampard, Crouch, Rooney etal with a little bit of motion to add the the shot. This is frozen action photography - as such these are great.

1 and 9 are the stand out shots - but I would loose the border, they do nothing for the images.

Finally, personally, I think football is the hardest sport to shoot. I simply does not lend itself to the camera.

Thanks everyone #9 is my personal favourite. Sportsnaps, I did try and get lower on some shots but two knackered knees means I can't crouch for too long :D.

Alby, I wasn't sure whether to leave the leg or not!

With regards to movement I'm with Pete on this one, sports like rugby and football need sharp crisp images and I don't think motion blur would work. I also agree in that I also believe football is very difficult to photograph - rugby is much easier!

Good action shots, crisp and clear, lots of energy, one or two a bit tight in the frame, and I'd clone that spare leg on the right (No 3)

These are a nice set of pics, 1 & 9 defo the pick of the bunch. (y) Still rekon cropping is an issue on some, 11 is a good example, would look better cropped in.

great photos - one problem - backgrounds - easy answer - get down lower (if you can)

How does getting lower sort you backgrounds :thinking:
Getting lower gives you a different aspect look to the images, won't sort you backgrounds.

I shoot kneeling all the time but it aint to sort the backgrounds. As you say you sort the backgrounds by DOF or look for clean ones. Also depends on where you subject is in relation to the background.

Iain

Good sharp pictures but none stand out for me as particularly interesting. I really think you need a higher level of skill to get a better photo in football, in these there seem to be too many people around the ball.

Also, how is rugby easier? I've never done it but I always imagine the presence of eight extra bodies in the way as a bigger chance of spoiling great photos...

Good sharp pictures but none stand out for me as particularly interesting. I really think you need a higher level of skill to get a better photo in football, in these there seem to be too many people around the ball.

Also, how is rugby easier? I've never done it but I always imagine the presence of eight extra bodies in the way as a bigger chance of spoiling great photos...

Had a bad day? ;)

We all take the mick out of Colin - he's the only one here that looks worse in real life than his avatar - but even here, using his sub-standard equipment and his bad eye he has done rather well I would say. :LOL:

True. The spec of the football can elevate an image but parks football is a great place to start.

Pete.

Back