Parkhouse & Chrome Hills

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Trip to the Peak District today. Managed to climb up Parkhouse Hill, but it was really, really windy so came down without even getting the camera out ! Anyway...heres one from the base (handheld as the wind would have just blown the tripod over !). Chrome Hill is in the background. All comments gratefully received :)

Parkhouse Hill by Richard Breland, on Flickr

Very nice Richard I would lose a chunk of the sky though.

I'd agree with Alf, either a pano or a square crop keeping the focus on the main hill where all the interest lies: the RHS is wasted space *as is*.

Thanks guys. The last few times I have been out with the camera, there have been either no clouds, or a completely flat grey sky, so actually seeing some decent cloud structure got me all excited (!) which is why I left it in. I will try a square crop - agree the main hill is the focus, but I was trying to get the other hill in the frame as well - maybe a step too far. Thanks again :)

Great light and view. I think if the clouds hadn't been slightly cut off you'd want to leave the sky but a small crop would probably work better here, maybe just to the top of the white patch in the top middle right (hope that makes sense!), so you still have a hint of blue sky and a nice balanced composition. I could imagine this also working well in black and white

Great light and view. I think if the clouds hadn't been slightly cut off you'd want to leave the sky but a small crop would probably work better here, maybe just to the top of the white patch in the top middle right (hope that makes sense!), so you still have a hint of blue sky and a nice balanced composition. I could imagine this also working well in black and white

I love blue skies as you well know but I reckon a wider aspect ration altogether losing (maybe 16x9) cropping the top off to below the white cloud on the right top third. Unless the top is going to sell this commercially where the sky space could be used for copy text etc the image doesn't need nearly so much sky.

Back