Partioning advice

Interesting read but the first paragraph sums it up

However, before you panic, Mac malware and viruses are very rarely found “in the wild”.

as a Mac user for many a year, since system 6 actually, I have never had a virus on any of my machines, and I have had a few.

The a$$holes out there tend to favour Windows for exploitations and never seem to bother with Macs which is a good thing for us ;)

And why I use them. I use a paid version of Malwarebytes as computer security has moved on from just viruses, one has to factor in all sorts of malefactor attacks; as you will know there are many methods by which hostile agents can try to ruin other people's fun.
I have been using it from very early in its history, first at home, then at work.
About 10-12 years ago, (maybe a bit more) one of our senior staff members brought me his laptop, which was running in treacle. It had McAfee on it and up to date.
I ran Malwarebytes and it found just under 100 infections. Problem mainly solved, bit of a clean up and it was back to normal.

I think in the early days McAfee perhaps concentrated on viruses concocted by mischievous hackers and kids practising their keyboard skills while other companies realised that viruses were kinda old hat and just the vandals of the computer world, while other companies saw the benefits [to scammers] of ransomware, keyloggers and trackers et al and added these to their lists. I expect McAfee have caught up now. BT used to use McAfee but they provide Norton now as part of their ISP services which might indicate something.

Back